Compare Koningsdam to new Rotterdam

Hello All, 

Has anyone been on the new Rotterdam that is able to make comparisons to the Koningsdam? I've been on the Koningsdam and enjoyed that trip. I know they are both in the same class. Are there any "real" differences, or just cosmetic stuff like art and other decorations?

4 minutes ago, Brewgirl1 said:

They took out the Blend and put in Half Moon Bar. Huge improvement!

I think everything else was the same.

The Club Orange dining room was reconfigured a lot too.  Looks more upscale now.

• Like 1

Rotterdam has a more attractive MDR.  K'dam has yellow walls with darker burgundy carpet whereas Rotterdam has white walls with dark blue carpet.  A plus for R'dam

The lifeboats were pulled in on Rotterdam from the sides which makes the narrow promenade deck even narrower and worse sight lines.  A plus for K'dam.

Orange Club on R'dam much nicer, even though I haven't dined there.  Agree the Half Moon Bar is better than the little used Blend.  Dutch Cafe had more choices, but K'dam may have been updated by now.

Both K'dam and Rotterdam have some HAL nautical paintings and models.  Nieuw Staendam doesn't have any.  What did they do with all of the Statendam paintings by Stephen Card?

So all in all, not much difference.  Given the same itinerary and price, I would choose the Rotterdam.

• Like 2