You cannot choose your cabin with select fare.

Terrierjohn, thanks for reply. I’ve checked every deck plan of the Iona but for the life of me cannot see GT on there, they just say Deck: GT FWD and I take that as forward but what deck lol, I’ve tried P&O but they don’t answer, I know it’s not until next year but I’m just curious ha ha 

1 hour ago, Journerman55 said:

Terrierjohn, thanks for reply. I’ve checked every deck plan of the Iona but for the life of me cannot see GT on there, they just say Deck: GT FWD and I take that as forward but what deck lol, I’ve tried P&O but they don’t answer, I know it’s not until next year but I’m just curious ha ha 

GT is short for guaranteed.  So all you have is a forward cabin on a deck yet to be decided. 

1 hour ago, Journerman55 said:

I assume the GT is Guarantee, so that does not help. It may be that when you booked you accepted the price given by P&O  which was probably for the lowest grade in the category you booked. In which case you could be allocated a cabin anywhere. 

I have never booked a saver fare, but as I use a TA,  I would study the deck plans and look for a grade where I would be happy with any cabin, then ask my TA  to ensure that was stipulated on my booking.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked a cruise last week (Iona, Spain and Portugal, 26th November), and booked the select fare but also missed the ‘select cabin’ button. Unhappy with being allocated a ‘forward’ cabin I called the customer services line today. After a lengthy wait I got through and the guy on the other end could not have been more helpful. He booked a specific cabin for me (I’d done some homework to check which area of the ship I wanted) and sorted everything out. Very impressed and happy now I have a cabin I wanted (with ‘no upgrades’ checked).

• Like 8

i've always booked Select fare so i can choose where my Cabin is, go on Cruise Mapper note what cabins i would like ,check what is above and below them then phone and see what's available.

Always got the one i wanted apart from a couple of Cruises  where none were Available for the ones i wanted but just booked a different Cruise with them.

Going on 3 Cruises next year and got the Cabins i want.