Last off the ship...

Greengirl

I know there are lots of people who want to get off the ship early for catching flights or whatever reason. I was wondering if the opposite can be done. We live locally and don't want to get off the ship until the very last possible moment. Can we ask for the last color cards? Also, can we stay in our cabin until time to get off? I know on some lines, that's a perk if you have a suite. Is that true for Carnival as well?

12/94 - Carnival Jubilee

6/04 - Carnival Ecstasy

3/05 - Island Princess

Carnival wants you to vacate the cabins by a specific time, so that the cabins may be cleaned for the next group of passengers. You may wait in the public lounges for your tag color to be called.

The longer it takes passengers to disembark, the later the next group may board. Please extend the same courtesy to them as you received from the sailing prior to yours.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

almamater.jpg

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Your tags are colored based on your cabin location. For example, we were Promenade Foreward and received Gold Tags.

By 7:30 or 8:00am, you must proceed to one of the waiting areas for debarkation. On the Pride, this included the Lido Deck, The Taj Mahal lounge, and any seating areas along Deck 2.

Keep in mind that NO facilities (other than part of the Lido Deck buffet and the Expresso Cafe) are open. The shops are closed, no entertainment, etc. Although they did have a comedian for us in the Taj Mahal lounge.

Having been both eager to get on, and not so eager to get off, I can honestly recommend that you leave when it is your turn and your color is called. It's only fair to the passengers waiting to come aboard the ship.

Have a great cruise! icon_smile.gif

Mark ºoº

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

I'm sorry...I think I was misunderstood. Of course we'll get off the ship when our color is called!! I don't believe I implied that I would do otherwise. I just asked if there was a way to be in the last group. I didn't mean by being sneaky about it. Was just wondering if I could go to the purser and ask, just like those who want to get off early. That's all. I don't intend to break any rules of any kind. As far as extending courtesy and being fair, how is being in the last color group violating that? As far as there being nothing open and nothing to do that last morning, just being on the ship is good enough for me. Thank you for your replies.

12/94 - Carnival Jubilee

6/04 - Carnival Ecstasy

3/05 - Island Princess

I don't know that they call them in any particular order. We have stayed on the same floor at the same end of the ship on our last four cruises. We have been first color called, last color called and twice in between. Maybe they draw them out of a hat or something. I do know you can go get a different color to leave first if you have and early flight. They don't even call that color you meet where they tell you to and they come and release you to get off.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;4;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Time before another living legend is made.

Paradise (Carnival) 1999

Victory (Carnival) 2000

Destiny (Carnival) 2001

Legend (Carnival) 2002

Pride (Carnival) 2003

Miracle (Carnival) 2004

As Mark said, the tag colors are determined by your cabin location. I don't think there's any way around that.

The comments about "lingering" were certainly not mean-spirited, or meant to suggest that you yourself would stay beyond when your color was called, but just to frame the reasons *why* people should disembark when they are supposed to.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

almamater.jpg

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

You are allowed to wait till the last color is called if you really want to but Carnival does not make it pleasant to wait. Cash only for drinks, herded into public areas, etc. NCL has a much better system and they let you wait in your cabin and don't mind if you want to be last off. They make an announcement at the end for all passengers.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

My mom lives in Miami, so we always wait until the end to leave. On the Fantasy-class ships, we love to sit on the back of the Lido deck outside looking at the water. Otherwise, we'll find a lounge area. The waiters & cleaners don't care--we make sure we're not impeding any of them. We just wait until the last color is called & then go off with them. (It also makes it a bit easier to find your bags, since they're the last ones left in your color area.) You can't do that in Port Canaveral, BTW--they have a baggage carousel that spits up the luggage as the color tags are called. It really does impede the process there if you don't get off when your color is called. But we've never had a problem in Miami, Tampa, or New York. (It's not as though we're waiting hours longer, just until the last of the colors is called.)

Ecstasy--12/97

Fascination--9/98

Triumph--10/99

Sensation--4/00

Triumph--11/00

Imagination--4/01

Spirit--11/01

Imagination--4/02

Spirit--11/02

Imagination--5/03

Glory--11/03

Fascination--5/04

We are always one of the last off. Not in a great hurry since we booked later flights. Rather easier to allow the people that need to be off somewhere. Although nothing is opened and there is nothing to do--- the buffet does close after a certain time. Trying to find luggage among the many suitcases is no longer a problem when more then half is gone, so it makes finding mine easier.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I drive to the port, so am never in a rush to leave. I just go whenever my color is called - very reluctantly. (Still trying to find a broom closet that won't be checked, so I can stay on the ship forever.) icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

The last one off the ship please turn off the lights!!!

Marilyn

MumsyO

HAL, Amsterdam, Aug. 1, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till I'm howling with the Hounds!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle 2/13/05

Do you think there would be enough room in that broom closet for the two of us, Cotton? Getting back to the original question, we've always been asked to be out of our cabins by about 7:00 a.m. so they can be cleaned for the next (lucky) occupants, but have enjoyed a nice breakfast in the dining room when we've had late flights home. We usually try to book a ship's post-cruise excursion, though. I think the latest we ever got off was around 10:00 a.m. Enjoy your cruise!

Note to self: Check out broom closets for roominess. icon_biggrin.gif

OK, I just found my DEBARKATION Capers. It says:

DEBARKATION MORNING:

Breakfast and Bar Opening Times:

Open Seating Breakfast: 6:30am - 8:30am. - Respective Dining Rooms

Breakfast on Lido Deck - 6:30am - 9:00am

Bus Stop Bar on Promenade - 8:00am to 10am for CASH SALES ONLY

At 8:30am, please proceed with your carry on luggage to the designated waiting area listed below. When the ship has been cleared by U.S. Customs, your luggage tag color will be announced. When your color is announced, only then may you disembark the Ship.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton, just in case you don't have a Palm Pilot for that note to self, I'm mailing you some yellow stickies icon_razz.gif. Let's ditch the brooms, because the space that two brooms take could hold a week's worth of cruise wear. I'll bring the booze if you bring the mix.

Ok, I'm confused here. Last year, DH and I sailed on the Legend. On return to NYC, our cabin steward told us we were welcome to wait in our cabin until our color was called. Since we were the next to last color called it was much more pleasant than those crowded lounges!

We are going on the Miracle next month and I would like to know if this policy has changed..or is it just up to the individual cabin steward?

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

6/12/04 2nd Anniversary on The Carnival Miracle

inlove.gif

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

inlove.gif

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

I was on the Triumph last week and our cabin stewardess told us there was no rush getting our stuff out of the cabin, she could get to it later (she did have a handful to do already anyway). It was nice to go to breakfast and walk around the ship a while without dragging all of our stuff with us. icon_smile.gif Returned to the room at 9:15, got in a ridiculous line when our color was called and were off the ship by 10:00. I guess we could have lingered longer but the ship was "non-smoking" the morning we pulled into port.

PS: Maybe they will start disembarking the smokers first!

Mary Lynn

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

a-angel.gif

OH HELL, WHERE IS MY SECRETARY???

cruiseship01.gif

Windjammer Flying Cloud 8/78

Windjammer Fantome (deceased) 8/80

Big Red Boat 4/93

Holiday 4/95

Celebration 4/96

Sovereign of the Seas 10/98

Sensation 4/99

Jubilee 7/01

Victory 1/02

Pride 11/02

Triumph (Joe McBlow cruise) 1/03

Spirit 2/03

Inspiration 2/03

RCL Explorer of the Seas 6/03

Princess Star 10/03

Victory 2/04

Triumph 5/04

Miracle 2/05

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

This goes back to simpler times and smaller ships. A group of us had done a back2back so we had got to know many of the crew. Come disembarkation day our favorite lounge was open for business and many crew members were there relaxing [not so these days] We had a few rounds and laughs as the debarking went on. The PA called the colors or decks or however they did it. Until finally the PA announced that all passengers may leave the ship now. Later the PA would announce, "Would ALL passengers Please leave the ship at this time" This call was repeated about every 10 minutes for quite a while. We weren't really paying much attention until the PA started asking us BY NAME to please get off the ship.

We left with much of the crew. icon_biggrin.gif

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

Being last off the ship sounds like it would be fun, but I am always so depressed icon_frown.gif by the prospect of leaving that I am anxious to get it over with and move into the reflection stage.

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

Archived