Kids Club Activities

divadee007

We are boarding sky princess next week and we have a very excited 5 year old about the kids clubs. She keeps asking what sort of activities they will do for that age group and I wondered if anyone could help me out so I can tell her. She likes to know things in advance so it will help her settle if she knows what they are likely to do. 

Thank you very much on advance for your help. xx

For that age group, they do lots of arts and craft activities - they generally have a "theme" each day and do crafts/games around that theme. My kids have made keychains, totem poles, necklaces, photo frames, and bookmarks. They colour tshirts and bags. They have educational things such as learning about turtles and sharks. They do ice cream parties, take the kids to the buffet for kid night dinner, watch movies, and play games. I haven't sailed Sky but most ships for that age have a small jungle gym inside the room, computers, books, and an outdoor play area. There is sometimes a talent show, a scavenger hunt, and pajama party (depends on ship/staff/number of kids). Be prepared to have LOTS of projects to bring home...lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

For that age group, they do lots of arts and craft activities - they generally have a "theme" each day and do crafts/games around that theme. My kids have made keychains, totem poles, necklaces, photo frames, and bookmarks. They colour tshirts and bags. They have educational things such as learning about turtles and sharks. They do ice cream parties, take the kids to the buffet for kid night dinner, watch movies, and play games. I haven't sailed Sky but most ships for that age have a small jungle gym inside the room, computers, books, and an outdoor play area. There is sometimes a talent show, a scavenger hunt, and pajama party (depends on ship/staff/number of kids). Be prepared to have LOTS of projects to bring home...lol!

Oh wow! She will absolutely love that! Arts and crafts is her thing totally! I was hoping it wasn't just sat on computers or watching films all day and this sounds absolutely perfect. I will be dragging her off ship I think, and may need an extra case to bring stuff home.  Thank you so much for this. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, divadee007 said:

Oh wow! She will absolutely love that! Arts and crafts is her thing totally! I was hoping it wasn't just sat on computers or watching films all day and this sounds absolutely perfect. I will be dragging her off ship I think, and may need an extra case to bring stuff home.  Thank you so much for this. 

Princess has a great kids program - my two have been going since they were tiny (now 15 and 11) and none of the other lines we have sailed even came close! I would literally need to set rules around when they HAD to hang with me rather than go to kids club! Princess also offers port day camp so that you can sign up for your child while at port if adults want to get off the ship without the child (I was always too nervous to do this when they were young, but have done it now they are older). 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Are they doing a full kids club at the moment as other lines are restricting it to a set number of sessions a day? Staff shortages I guess. 

From what I have read they are doing morning, afternoon and evening sessions so you have to pick them up for meal times. I think the meal times are 1-2, 5-6. 

1 hour ago, divadee007 said:

From what I have read they are doing morning, afternoon and evening sessions so you have to pick them up for meal times. I think the meal times are 1-2, 5-6. 

That's always been the case for Princess - even pre-Covid they would close at meal times. The exception is if you sign them up for a port day. They will take them to the buffet for lunch if they attend all day. They also have a kid dinner one night - again, they take them to the buffet to eat.

• Thanks 1

Got off the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago and the kids loved the Kids' Club.  Our 3 year old grandson would ask to go all the time.  Lots of projects were made and the staff were so kind and good with the kids.  They did not have a kids dinner at all...maybe because of covid.  Also, did not take the kids outside at all.  Club times were 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10.  You can choose to leave your child after 10 for $5 an hour per child.  We also did not leave any of our kids on a port day.  

• Like 2