CANCELED: Barefoot Beach Cabana Question

I just received an email from RC (regarding the Barefoot Beach Cabana we booked for our December cruise this year) that says the below:

http://edocs.rccl.com/guestdocs/edocs/images/royal/hybris/confirmations/v1/logo.png

Sorry, there’s been a change

Due to a change in plans, your onboard product below has been cancelled. A full refund will be issued to your original payment method within 14 business days.

Please log-in to your account or contact us at 1-800-398-9819 to select an alternative.

Anyone have an idea what this is about? We received an invitation to to purchase this early as suite guests, which we did. I was assuming that area may not be open and ready by that date because the ship is still going to Labadee.  

17 minutes ago, Kymberlyfarr said:

I just received an email from RC (regarding the Barefoot Beach Cabana we booked for our December cruise this year) that says the below:

Sorry, there’s been a change

Due to a change in plans, your onboard product below has been cancelled. A full refund will be issued to your original payment method within 14 business days.

Please log-in to your account or contact us at 1-800-398-9819 to select an alternative.

Anyone have an idea what this is about? We received an invitation to to purchase this early as suite guests, which we did. I was assuming that area may not be open and ready by that date because the ship is still going to Labadee.  

Maybe they are saving it for a star class person.  Who knows  We were once bumped on Celebrity in a specialty restaurant- by a large group.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hmm, I though about the overselling possibility but then it seemed a little less likely since we have always seen the website update the # of cabanas left in real time. Also, we received an "early invite" email and booked right away. We have a Crown Loft Suite and are Diamond members but I guess it is possible that there are that many Star Class guests guests that booked ahead of us. In my experience they would not bump a Sky Class (or below guest) for a Star Class guest to purchase after the fact. We have usually sailed Star class and if an excursion is full we have never been offered to "bump" someone. Not that we ever would do something like that anyway, but that seems like a crappy thing to do to someone that booked before you.  

• Like 1

We just got back from Haiti and were also booked in a suite and we didn't get an early option to purchase a cabana. In the cruise planner we could get a cabana at one of the other beaches but not Barefoot Beach(suite beach). We were offered to purchase one when the concierge sent us his email which was about a week out but they were so expensive we didn't see the benefit vs cost of it. We ended up going 2 days to Haiti due to a Hurricane headed to Curcao and the first day(unplanned) I don't think any of the cabanas at Barefoot Beach were rented. The second day there were only like 3 rented. We were glad we didn't rent one because we were in the water all the time except to come out and eat and go to the bathroom.