More Royal Questions

9 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How do you know this for sure?

My lactose intolerant wife has eaten it without issue. Maybe they've had to switch vendors lately, but it's worth asking to see the label on the soft serve mix next time

Edited by smokeybandit

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I hope it decreases because that sounds crazy full right now. Does it feel crowded?

Yes...yes...yes, feels very crowded. We sailed on the Navigator after the re-start and the average number of passengers per sailing was approximately 1500...the ship felt empty. Not anymore.

For example, the maximum capacity for the Jacuzzis shows 12 people...we counted 17 and 18 sitting in there. The pool deck and solarium are packed...they have "Sexiest Man Contest" and the Belly Flop Contest today.

You can still find a few quiet places...Deck 4 outside promenade and the helipad.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My lactose intolerant wife has eaten it without issue. Maybe they've had to switch vendors lately, but it's worth asking to see the label on the soft serve mix next time

Unfortunately I’m not lactose intolerant but have a severe dairy allergy. I will definitely ask to see the label.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Yes...yes...yes, feels very crowded. We sailed on the Navigator after the re-start and the average number of passengers per sailing was approximately 1500...the ship felt empty. Not anymore.

For example, the maximum capacity for the Jacuzzis shows 12 people...we counted 17 and 18 sitting in there. The pool deck and solarium are packed...they have "Sexiest Man Contest" and the Belly Flop Contest today.

You can still find a few quiet places...Deck 4 outside promenade and the helipad.

I asked an employee on the phone what they thought the approximate occupancy would be for our cruise but I was told that they have no way of knowing.  

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I asked an employee on the phone what they thought the approximate occupancy would be for our cruise but I was told that they have no way of knowing.  

If your cruise was on Monday, July 18th...I can probably get a pretty good count.

* A week ago, about 500 passengers did not make it onboard the Navigator. It could be because of various reasons...positive test results, cancelled or missed flights, or simply forgetting proper documentation.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

If your cruise was on Monday, July 18th...I can probably get a pretty good count.

* A week ago, about 500 passengers did not make it onboard the Navigator. It could be because of various reasons...positive test results, cancelled or missed flights, or simply forgetting proper documentation.

Our cruise isn’t until September and I believe school is back in session. It is during the week and not on the weekend.  

That is a lot of passengers not able to board. Doesn’t that amount seem unusually high to you?

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

The July 11 cruise? I was told 3700 were on board.

@bonsai3splease do not go out of your way but if you are in the right place at the right time and are able to see the container for the soft serve ice cream would you please take a photo for me? I really want ice cream, ha ha. I’m always so bummed when everyone else walks away with a yummy looking cone, or cookies.  They will all have the yummy stuff several times but they always tell me they are sorry, lol.  

It’s not like I don’t have ice cream at home. I make my own ice cream and sorbet with a Ninja Creami.  That machine is a bit expensive but boy is it worth it.  But you know how it is… When you see it you want it. 😊😊😊

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Our cruise isn’t until September and I believe school is back in session. It is during the week and not on the weekend.  

That is a lot of passengers not able to board. Doesn’t that amount seem unusually high to you?

It seems high...but I do understand it.

* For example, last September, embarking in Seattle, Ovation of the Seas, Alaska cruise...we watched 2 families (family of 4 and 6) unable to board because of positive test results...it was sad to see. Many more families didn't make it onboard.

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@bonsai3splease do not go out of your way but if you are in the right place at the right time and are able to see the container for the soft serve ice cream would you please take a photo for me? I really want ice cream, ha ha. I’m always so bummed when everyone else walks away with a yummy looking cone, or cookies.  They will all have the yummy stuff several times but they always tell me they are sorry, lol.  

It’s not like I don’t have ice cream at home. I make my own ice cream and sorbet with a Ninja Creami.  That machine is a bit expensive but boy is it worth it.  But you know how it is… When you see it you want it. 😊😊😊

No worries, I was already planning on inquiring about the soft serve ice cream. I'll try and get a picture of the container for you.

• Thanks 1

Soft serve ice cream is open from 11:00am to 7:00 pm. Current flavors available are chocolate and vanilla (no strawberry).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they said "it is a dairy product".

20220717_110458.jpg

20220717_110558.jpg

20220717_110608.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Soft serve ice cream is open from 11:00am to 7:00 pm. Current flavors available are chocolate and vanilla (no strawberry).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they said "it is a dairy product".

20220717_110458.jpg

20220717_110558.jpg

20220717_110608.jpg

Oh, darn!  Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. Seriously, you are so kind. I was really hoping that I could live on soft serve for three days, ha ha. I guess I get to watch the other girls eat their cones.  

Thank you again!  🍦🚫🙅🏻‍♀️

I just watched a YouTube video of the Windjammer Buffet.  The video showed several items and said they were Vegan.  In the comments they stated that the items were clearly marked Vegan in the Buffet.  I’m not Vegan but having a dairy allergy this is wonderful news. If you are in the buffet and have time could you please take a photo of one of the signs showing something marked as Vegan?  If it’s always like this then I am going to be really happy because there were a lot of desserts in the buffet that they said were Vegan. I never get dessert at a buffet! 😊

• Like 1

Also, Do you know what is available (complementary) on the stateroom TVs?  On Princess we watch complementary movies on demand along with lots of other stuff so we are hoping to find the same or close to it on the Navigator OTS.  

I’m still hoping that someone can post a photo of the vegan signs in the buffet. 😊

On 7/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, smokeybandit said:

The soft serve ice cream is non-dairy since it's just sugar, oil and stabilizer

Unfortunately it has more than that in it including non fat milk solids, buttermilk powder and whey powder.  It's still off limits for those with a dairy allergy.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

You may or may not need to make show reservations. In March we had to reserve the ice show. The last three cruises there was no reservations required. This was including a cruise about four weeks ago. It was all first come…..first served. 

Thank you!  We are total Newbies with RCCL so I really appreciate any and all information. Were you also on the Navigator OTS?

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you!  We are total Newbies with RCCL so I really appreciate any and all information. Were you also on the Navigator OTS?

Yes. March was our first time back on RCI in nine years. A total of four cruises on the NV since then. They finally placed a ship out here on the left coast that we can easily drive to so we decided to try them again. We had cruised on this ship right after she entered service out of Miami and really liked it. RCI did a nice job with the refurb a few years ago. Staterooms/suites are showing their age in some areas but overall a great ship with a hard working friendly crew. We still prefer Celebrity but we’re still keeping it in the family. 🙂 I think that you will enjoy the experience. 

• Like 1