Oceania Regatta cruise to Alaska June to July 2022

elidance

hello!  i posted a review for this cruise but it's not showing up, and the reviews that are showing up are not great. 😞 so i just wanted to share how absolutely amazing this cruise was.  i wrote a very detailed and long review, which i unfortunately didn't save - but if my review never shows up i'll re-write it on this board.  the food was exquisite, the ultimate beverage package very worth it (for us), our room was wonderful (veranda concierge), and the staff were amazing.  truly everyone was wonderful.  a very special highlight was the string quartet on board - we loved listening to them and they had multiple performances daily!  the cruise director is wonderful, the singer/dancer performers (and show band!) were outstanding - and everyone seemed to truly care about making your experience special.  can't say enough positive things about all of the staff.  the beds in the room were heavenly.  i really hope the staff get those comfortable beds. 🙂  all of the staff wore masks, and there was plenty of hand sanitizer, some guests wore masks - unfortunately we did not, and i came down with COVID after returning, ugh.  felt completely fine the entire cruise though.  and of course, Alaska is phenomenal.  just wanted to post that Oceania is wonderful - and had the best food of any cruise i've been on (the fish... omg.)  we will definitely be cruising with Oceania again. 🙂

• Like 4

How about music and dancing on the ship?  Were there many opportunities to do couples social dancing?  I'm curious whether the big dance floor in the main show lounge is ever used for dancing to a live band?  Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

8 hours ago, TBfrPH said:

How about music and dancing on the ship?  Were there many opportunities to do couples social dancing?  I'm curious whether the big dance floor in the main show lounge is ever used for dancing to a live band?  Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

no need to keep asking the same question  give people  a chance to answer

In the past  there was  dancing pre show in the lounge  about 45 mins  ..different music styles but just ask the band to play something you like  they usually will

There is also dancing at tea time again for  a short time frame 

Then after the show in Horizons  you may find live music  for dancing

It is usually the same  for the past 15+  years

If  dancing is your main criteria  stick with Princess

JMO

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry just seeing question about dancing - just wanted to echo LHT28's answer.  there is a band for dancing before dinner and at Horizon's after the nighttime show - but there weren't many people dancing.  the band was great and there was encouragement for people to dance, just not many people did.  it may have been because there were more elderly people on our Alaska cruise, i don't know.  the dance floor is rather small, but decent sized for the ship size.  the band alternated in their music style - my favorite was latin night. 🙂

• Like 2