Surprising Friends on a Cruise

LoveLhasa15

17 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

These all sound like a hoot for the surprisers. Maybe not so much for the surprised. Make absolutely sure they are the type to appreciate your fun at their expense. I would be furious with you as you make me feel like an idiot. 

To each their own, but I see nothing in here that anyone should feel dumb or foolish about. I'd hope the OP knows their friend enough, since they have cruised together many times before, to know that this will be well received.

Edited by weltek

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

LOL, I see you haven't met my friend... or his family. 

Sounds like I won't want to either.  And they probably wouldn't want to hear what my loud, brash, uncensored mouth would say.  How can adults be so close minded and puritanical in the 21st Century?  

32 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Sounds like I won't want to either.  And they probably wouldn't want to hear what my loud, brash, uncensored mouth would say.  How can adults be so close minded and puritanical in the 21st Century?  

LOL, Ours is not to reason why; ours is but to do and enjoy his squirm!

On 7/27/2022 at 11:53 AM, weltek said:

How fun! I imagine you'll want to meet up with them right away. Your head must be swimming with ideas. 

I'd probably take a selfie outside their room and send them a text that says "Tag, you're it." and then go "hide" at a bar. Take another selfie, say "Wish you were here," send, and then move locations again...Draw out the surprise. 🙂 You should be able to get three in before they find you.

What a great idea.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I just hope we don't see them before hand (i.e., in the parking lot or the terminal.  It's not one of the larger ships.

• Like 1

This is so sweet and brilliant!

what about getting something in the gift shop, or bringing it onboard with you, that you could hold up and deliver it yourself. Use the gift item to block your face with the other of you standing to the side. Surprise!

Flowers come to mind but anything with height would work.