Comprehensive Tender port list

milepig

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Comprehensive Tender port list

Also glad to have this information but surprised to see Cannes on the list as both cruises we sailed (pre covid) docked right at the port. Wind Surf was across the street from main shops area, Star Breeze a bit further but not too long of a walk. In fact we walked off the ship with the Chef for his Market tour.

8 hours ago, BellaBay said:

Also glad to have this information but surprised to see Cannes on the list as both cruises we sailed (pre covid) docked right at the port. Wind Surf was across the street from main shops area, Star Breeze a bit further but not too long of a walk. In fact we walked off the ship with the Chef for his Market tour.

I've also seen some things that aren't correct. I know 100% that we walked right off the ship in Douglas, Isle of Man. Also several of the ports listed in Ireland and Scotland on the list are not tendered. Just a few I spotted. The bigger question is why WS doesn't make this list more apparent. I was glad to see the wet landings in Costa Rica and Panama listed, many on board were caught by surprise.

I think it is very difficult, perhaps impossible to have a comprehensive list. There are some ports that they can sometimes dock at but sometimes tender because other ships take the dock spots. Perhaps that is why some have spotted ports on the list where their Windstar cruise docked. 

There are also some ports that Windstar only visits rarely, some of those may not be on the list. Our upcoming cruise has a tender stop in Isles of Scilly and I don't see that on the list. 

10 hours ago, milepig said:

I was glad to see the wet landings in Costa Rica and Panama listed, many on board were caught by surprise.

I doubt that anyone surprised by wet landings will be helped by having it listed at the bottom of the tender port list. Wet landings are mentioned on the overview page for the Panama and Costa Rica cruises:

"Wade ashore as your Zodiac makes “wet landings” in small ports and on remote beaches backed by rainforest. "

I'm fairly sure that wet landings were also covered in our pre-cruise documentation. So, if they don't read enough to see it one of those places, they are unlikely to see it anywhere else.