Speciality Dining - what's included? Cost for kids?

alibabaxx

Does anyone know what's included in the restaurants for speciality dining? Is it a starter, main and dessert? What about teppenyaki or moderno where there is no a la carte?
Also, I read on NCL site that kids can eat free from complimentary menu but I got in a chat with NCL who denied this. I copied and pasted the info from their page but she said that was no longer the case? I'm wondering if anyone who has sailed recently or on there now can confirm please? 

The waitstaff may tell you it's a starter, entree, and dessert.  In reality, you may have more than one starter and/or dessert (an extra entree will cost you.)

Teppanyaki gives you a soup, if I recall, and a choice of dessert in addition to what's whipped up in front of you.  Moderno has a nice salad bar, which is included, and all the meat they can saw off for you.  Remember, flipping your card from green to red is an admission of defeat! 🙂

I believe there are kids menus in some/all of the restaurants but I don't believe it's complimentary.  Others may correct me on that because I've never travelled with kids.  I couldn't find it on the NCL website but not saying it doesn't exist.

Edited by phillygwm

I believe there's a single ship-wide kids menu that is complimentary everywhere, otherwise they just order off the adult menu in the specialty venues.

The rest is as noted above, and in the many, many other threads on the topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alibabaxx said:
Does anyone know what's included in the restaurants for speciality dining? Is it a starter, main and dessert? What about teppenyaki or moderno where there is no a la carte?
Also, I read on NCL site that kids can eat free from complimentary menu but I got in a chat with NCL who denied this. I copied and pasted the info from their page but she said that was no longer the case? I'm wondering if anyone who has sailed recently or on there now can confirm please? 

You get multiple appetizers, one entrée, multiple sides and dessert. There are exceptions for fixed price restaurants (where you get the fixed price menu - Teppanyaki and Monderno) and small plate restaurants (where you get a set number of small plates - Sushi, Raw Bar, Tapas Bar, Food Republic). 

Kids do not eat specialty dining food free. Kids can eat off the kids menu at any restaurant. I would venture that the agent you were chatting with was thinking you were asking about the complimentary MDR menu. 

Monderno is not an issue. I kinda think that Teppanyaki, the would prefer you actually order for your kids since they are taking up a spot (especially on a small ship), but you can ask for a kids menu. 

image.png.9ee4a9a11cfdcfc37e9be267d97eab40.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 3:23 PM, BirdTravels said:

You get multiple appetizers, one entrée, multiple sides and dessert. There are exceptions for fixed price restaurants (where you get the fixed price menu - Teppanyaki and Monderno) and small plate restaurants (where you get a set number of small plates - Sushi, Raw Bar, Tapas Bar, Food Republic). 

Kids do not eat specialty dining food free. Kids can eat off the kids menu at any restaurant. I would venture that the agent you were chatting with was thinking you were asking about the complimentary MDR menu. 

Monderno is not an issue. I kinda think that Teppanyaki, the would prefer you actually order for your kids since they are taking up a spot (especially on a small ship), but you can ask for a kids menu. 

image.png.9ee4a9a11cfdcfc37e9be267d97eab40.png

Thank you, so the above menu is complimentary for children in the speciality dining restaurants?  I was thinking of buying a 2 meal package for my 16 year old so she could join us, and my younger child have the menu above.  Is it cheaper to buy a dining package before you board do you know or is it the same price on board?