Hotel to port shuttle, Athens

patches05

I've booked a pre cruise 1 night hotel stay in Athens. This was booked through NCL as part of the cruise package. The paperwork lists complimentary transportation from the hotel to the port. Do I need to schedule that when I complete the online check in, or do I ask at the hotel upon check in?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 12:40 AM, patches05 said:

I've booked a pre cruise 1 night hotel stay in Athens. This was booked through NCL as part of the cruise package. The paperwork lists complimentary transportation from the hotel to the port. Do I need to schedule that when I complete the online check in, or do I ask at the hotel upon check in?

If you booked the hotel through NCL it should include the transfer to the port.  I think it may show on your cruise invoice as hotel with transfer.  I am cruising out of Piraeus and have booked the hotel, my invoice reads:   GRAND HYATT ATHENS (DELUXE KING)  

BUS FROM HOTEL TO PORT

From past experience the hotel will give you information for the process to have your bags ready and the time.

I hope this helps.

Genzi

• Thanks 1

And if you for any reason just want to get yourself to the port EARLIER than the shuttle, then a regular taxi is an option at a reasonable price - fixed price of 25,00 euros from Athens to Piraeus cruise port (or vice-versa) with all regular taxi companies. Note that most taxis in Athens only takes cash payments. 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

If you booked the hotel through NCL it should include the transfer to the port.  I think it may show on your cruise invoice as hotel with transfer.  I am cruising out of Piraeus and have booked the hotel, my invoice reads:   GRAND HYATT ATHENS (DELUXE KING)  

BUS FROM HOTEL TO PORT

From past experience the hotel will give you information for the process to have your bags ready and the time.

I hope this helps.

Genzi

What is the current rate NCL is charging for this? TIA

19 hours ago, Oxo said:

What is the current rate NCL is charging for this? TIA

Well, in my experience they (NCL) are charging rather high hotel prices per person when compared to booking directly with the hotel, and the only difference is that in the price you pay when booking through NCL there is a shuttle to the port on embarkation day included. So that shuttle doesn't come "cheap"....

Edited by TrumpyNor

Thank you both for your replies.

I knew Cruise lines charge per person and normally you pay double.

I was trying to find out the cost and the hotel, so when I book a hotel in Athens, I have the name of NCLs hotel and price.