Praise for customer service

Merly

I see many negative comments about Celebrity customer service, and I have been on the receiving end of it -  but not this time.

We were due to sail on the Beyond earlier this month but I tested positive for Covid a few days before so we had to cancel.  I contacted Celebrity and spoke with a very  helpful agent who explained the refund process,  she said that they could not do anything until the cruise was ended and then it would take around 2 weeks to process.  I had my observed test and sent in the positive proof, which was accepted without issue.

I must confess that I then expected a bit of a issue getting a refund, not the right amount or having to keep getting on at them to deal with it or something. But no, no issue at all.  The day the cruise ended flights and transfers were credited to my bank and 2 days after that the full cruise balance was credited.  We had booked on board with an FCC and expected to either lose the deposit or get it back in the form of an FCC, Which would have been acceptable.  But they refunded it cash.

Yes, we were very disappointed to miss the cruise (and lose a stack of obc) but the refund process was excellent and I cannot fault Celebrity on this occasion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2