Adding Spouse to Existing Solo Booking

cruisedd

Hello All - 

I tried to search for this and didn't find anything, so if there is an existing post, please let me know.  I'm booked as a Solo on the Equinox next month.  Originally my wife couldn't join me.  Well now there's a chance she can!  Can I add her online via the X web site or is this best done by calling in?  The wait times have been so long, I'm dreading that call.

Thank you,

David

I Am thinking you can only call as your fares will change and etc...

OR if you booked through a TA, they will be ones who will do it for you.

Good luck and bon voyage

Yes, you should definitely call.  You may have to get special approval and even pay a small fee to make the change, depending on how you booked. Most likely, you paid extra, though not double for your solo booking. If they permit the change, which I would imagine they will, you would likely pay the difference, which should be less than a full fare, depending on your booking.  I recently requested a ship and date change, which is a little different, and I had to get special approval.  Long phone hold, but well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had to call in.  After 60 minutes in queue, a transfer and another 15 minute wait, I was able to talk to someone who could add my wife to the room.  They basically repriced the whole thing as a new reservation - all of the promotions I had from my original booking were lost.