The GOOD! The Bad! & The Ugly!

ellaryan

Hey Cruisers!🤪

Booked the NCL Pearl out of Boston and ready for that amazing autumn scenery!🍁🌬️🍂

After 24 Carnival & 2 Disney cruises I am SO excited to try a new line!

Can Ya'll pros help me out and tell me EVERYTHING I need to know about Norwegian?!

We booked the free at sea package and the BOGO flights. (Super nervous about those.) 

What specialty restaurant should we pick? Is the spa worth it? How is the check-in process? I need to know EVERYTHING! Hep! 🥺

Just browse the forum, go back a few pages and skim the topics.  Open and read the ones that interest you.  I can assure you that most of your questions can be answered by doing that.  At the top of the page is a drop-down where you can select your ship name, when you do that it will pre-fill and execute the search to find all threads referring to your ship.

Flights - you get what you get..

There's even someone doing a "live" thread from that ship!

Edited by hallux
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

At the top of the page is a drop-down where you can select your ship name, when you do that it will pre-fill and execute the search to find all threads referring to your ship.

Can you do a screenshot shot showing where this dropdown menu is? I can't seem to find it.

1 minute ago, AndyCapn said:

Can you do a screenshot shot showing where this dropdown menu is? I can't seem to find it.

You have to be at the topic listing for the NCL forum section.  It's not easy to see, 4th line under the bolded "Norwegian Cruise Line", at least in my desktop browser on my Mac.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 6.02.39 PM.png

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ellaryan said:

Hey Cruisers!🤪

Booked the NCL Pearl out of Boston and ready for that amazing autumn scenery!🍁🌬️🍂

After 24 Carnival & 2 Disney cruises I am SO excited to try a new line!

Can Ya'll pros help me out and tell me EVERYTHING I need to know about Norwegian?!

We booked the free at sea package and the BOGO flights. (Super nervous about those.) 

What specialty restaurant should we pick? Is the spa worth it? How is the check-in process? I need to know EVERYTHING! Hep! 🥺

I haven't sailed the Pearl but I love getting a thermal spa pass.  On YouTube, EECC Travels did a whole series of vlogs on the Pearl 

It was about 4 or 5 years ago (so not recent experience)  but really liked the Thermal Suite on the Pearl.  While the thermal suite didn’t have all the bells and whistles (salt room, snow room) as that of the larger ships, on our sailing it was never crowded and was very quiet and relaxing.  Love the heated loungers.

Welcome to NCL! I am sure you will get all sorts of opinions on this board.

We've never been on the Pearl, so I will keep my advice to using NCL Air. If you look on this forum you will see many strong opinions on using the NCL flight service. Without going into all of that, I will simply say that most everyone recommends that you fly in the day before your cruise is departing, if at all possible. This has always been a good idea, but is doubly recommended in light of all the issues the airlines are having lately. Besides, Boston is a great town, so spend a day there first!

The NCL-specific thing about this is that you have to let NCL know well in advance that you want to fly in early, rather than the day of the cruise. I believe you have to tell them 75 days before departure - which is probably almost upon you for an October sailing.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1