Help understanding covid testing requirement for August 12th cruise on Pearl to Bermuda

mthayer295

I need some help understanding what we must do with regards to covid testing for our upcoming cruise on Pearl on August 12 to Bermuda.  I think I am typically pretty tuned in but in this case I must say I am confused.  I did apply for the Bermuda authorization on July 12th which I understood to be the first day eligible.  I had previously thought we needed a negative covid test 2-3 days before embarkation.  However, I just today received a pdf via email from NCL and while it mentions that we need proof of vaccination, there is no mention of covid testing.   There is also no mention of covid testing on any of my check in - edocs.

It's all here:

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

NCL requires a negative, proctored Covid test to be taken within two days of embarkation.  That test will double to satisfy the Bermuda requirement. 

You already did step one, to pay and get your Bermuda travel authorization number.

When going to the pier, bring your vax card, a copy of your negative Covid test, and your Bermuda paperwork (email).  The port staff will verify and document all....and then have a terrific vacation!

Thanks.  I just signed up for 2 antigen test kits from inspire diagnostics which is the company that has a partnership with NCL for the proctored tests.  I was able to schedule a test time for 2 days before the cruise

On 7/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, mthayer295 said:

Thanks.  I just signed up for 2 antigen test kits from inspire diagnostics which is the company that has a partnership with NCL for the proctored tests.  I was able to schedule a test time for 2 days before the cruise

How much were the tests? trying to find a reliable/cost effective way to get this done.

thanks

11 hours ago, cruisingbooboo said:

How much were the tests? trying to find a reliable/cost effective way to get this done.

thanks

I used Inspire for my 7/8 Pearl cruise.  Cost was $40 & it was very easy.  I scheduled my test for 5 pm the night before the cruise but logged into their "waiting room" at about 2 pm since I was at that point ready to go.  I waited only a minute or two before someone was available to assist.  She cancelled my scheduled appointment and walked me through the test.  It was fast & easy.

The cruise was great but, unfortunately, 3 of the 9 of us tested positive when we came home.  Hadn't heard anything while onboard about Covid and there were no extra precautions being taken.