‘Have it all and more’ 🙄

TheLizardHouse

Currently on the NA in Juneau, and from our perspective at least, all goes well. There are around 1200 pax, lovely staff and food, and reasonable compliance with mask wearing.

After HAL made a huge deal of the Have it all and more’ offer, it seems they are not honouring it. Service staff onboard don’t know about it, and a Manager told me, it was only being trialled on the Westerdam. We both got a notice on Navigator, and I got a seperate email as well. A lot of fanfare, for a promise that isn’t being delivered. 😏

15 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Oh goodness. We have the "HIA" on our cruise next month.

Can you give details as to what is NOT being honored (drinks, internet, specialty meals, excursion $)? 

I think she means the “and more” program which was being tested in Alaska. 

This was a promotion extra to HIA. The ‘and more’ part, was that for all beverages over $11 you would only be charged the difference in the price, rather than the full price - which is apparently the current arrangement with HAL. I had set my sights on a $14 French rose, but wait staff haven’t heard about this deal. HAL make these promises . . . 

Edited by TheLizardHouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Have it All gives you just about everything except gratuities.  15 drinks, WIFI, specialty restaurants, excursion money.   Have used it many times this year and always got everything.

1 minute ago, 3bigdogs said:

Have it All gives you just about everything except gratuities.  15 drinks, WIFI, specialty restaurants, excursion money.   Have used it many times this year and always got everything.

I understand.  There was an “and more” program where you paid only the difference between included drinks and more expensive drinks.  Usually with the HIA if you order something above $11 you pay 100% of the price not just the difference 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

I understand.  There was an “and more” program where you paid only the difference between included drinks and more expensive drinks.  Usually with the HIA if you order something above $11 you pay 100% of the price not just the difference 

True.  I haven't seen that anywhere.  The and more right now applies to getting gratuities added to the HIA package.   Hopefully they are working on that drink thing but I haven't seen any sign of that yet.  It's the norm on other lines so I bet they will do it soon.

21 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Okie dokie.. thank you. Hadn't heard of "and more" but paying the difference sounds good and in line with what several other cruise lines do. Hope the left hand of corporate and right hand of ship operations meet on this soon. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 3bigdogs said:

True.  I haven't seen that anywhere.  The and more right now applies to getting gratuities added to the HIA package.   Hopefully they are working on that drink thing but I haven't seen any sign of that yet.  It's the norm on other lines so I bet they will do it soon.

Yes, that was a sale price .  It was a little different .  If you look at your confirmation invoice and scroll to the bottom you should see your included perks. 

1 hour ago, TheLizardHouse said:

dchip, that’s awesome. It was sensible to take a screenshot shot, I was wishing I had done so too.

Show them my post. It might help. You can copy the photo too. 
Denise

I just did. Apparently it doesn’t start until the next voyage, which is a different answer to the what the beverage Manager said yesterday. It’s poor communication to send this message out to everyone, without further explaining what the details are. 

A small glitch, in a nice cruise however. 

• Like 4