QM2 question please re luggage.

devonuk

Next summer my wife and I are sailing on the QM2 from Southampton to NY, then staying a week whilst she sails north for 7 days then re boarding for the return leg to Southampton. 
My question is, does anyone know if it possible to leave a suitcase or two on board for the week we’re in NY so that we don’t have to lug them around unnecessarily etc. 

Is it possible?

Is there a charge?

Any pitfalls?

Thanks in anticipation 👌

Is there the facility to store my luggage in New York or Southampton?

Answer

Yes, it is possible to arrange for your luggage to be stored in New York or Southampton. This is available for guests disembarking the ship in New York or Southampton who plan to return to New York or Southampton to embark the ship again within a few days.

Please speak to the Pursers Office once you are on board who will be able to check availability for you.

New York.

If there is availability you will need to place your luggageoutside your stateroom the night before disembarkation between 6.00pm and midnight and attach your standard luggage labels.

You will then need to collect your luggage from the baggage hall which is in the cruise terminal ashore, attach your second set of luggage labels to your luggage and drop your luggage off at the dedicated luggage Concierge Stand after going through Customs and Immigration.

Thanks for your reply and can I just confirm that there’s no way it can be left on board. I appreciate the security issues that could exist but I’m sure years ago I read somewhere that you could 🤔

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Next summer my wife and I are sailing on the QM2 from Southampton to NY, then staying a week whilst she sails north for 7 days then re boarding for the return leg to Southampton. 
My question is, does anyone know if it possible to leave a suitcase or two on board for the week we’re in NY so that we don’t have to lug them around unnecessarily etc. 

Is it possible?

Is there a charge?

Any pitfalls?

Thanks in anticipation 👌

Think one’s NY Hotel’s Concierge could take care of this, or just leave them in one’s hotel room for the duration of the NY stay.

3 hours ago, devonuk said:

Thanks for your reply and can I just confirm that there’s no way it can be left on board. I appreciate the security issues that could exist but I’m sure years ago I read somewhere that you could 🤔

I can’t find the faq that addresses your question at the moment but I did see it and they said no you can not just leave it on board.  Search Cunard’s faqs if you want to see for yourself.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, devonuk said:

There is no way one can leave luggage onboard a Cunard ship, this changed years ago possibly due to 911.

There was an occasion in 2020 when the QM2 World Cruise terminated in Australia ( as result of the pandemic) when guests had to leave the ship and take flights home. On this occasion they were permitted to leave some of their luggage in stowage onboard, it was returned to them some weeks later when the ship returned to home port. 

• Thanks 1