SENSATION sailing Thursday morning!

Bunkie103

According to the New Orleans newspaper the cruise ship(s) will be leaving New Orleans early Thursday morning to head to dry dock for their refurbishment. The people who had been living on the ships have been placed in apartments, trailers and some 800 hotel room reserved by FEMA.

Not posting this for any political debate, just to inform those who have trips scheduled in the next few months.

You know what I wish Carnival would do? Document the drydock experience like RCCL did for the Splendour of the Seas or whatever ship it was. They have two going into drydock, I wish they'd document one of them!

Me, too! I'd love a sneak peek reminder of what the ship looks like b4 we sail next Jan!:D

You know what I wish Carnival would do? Document the drydock experience like RCCL did for the Splendour of the Seas or whatever ship it was. They have two going into drydock, I wish they'd document one of them!

Actually, three. Holiday will be in Freeport Bahamas at the same time for a 20 day. And they could actually document both Sensation and Ecstasy since they will be at the same shipyard at the same time. Now that would be really cool.

We are booked for the Sensation on October 9th. What are they going to do as far as refurbishment? I was a little nervous as to the condition of the boat after the FEMA thing. Also has anyone cruised in early October? Not sure if the hurricane season will be let up much or not but we are going to chance it hopefully it will not be a bust!

I'm certain that they will completely refurbish it from top to bottom because all of those DIRTY cootie-infested policemen, firemen, EMTs and other disgusting southerners have surely destroyed the entire ship.

Surely you are just joking, or are you really that ignorant?!?!?!?!?

We are booked for the Sensation on October 9th. What are they going to do as far as refurbishment? I was a little nervous as to the condition of the boat after the FEMA thing. Also has anyone cruised in early October? Not sure if the hurricane season will be let up much or not but we are going to chance it hopefully it will not be a bust!

Why would you be concerned after the FEMA thing. Do you really think that Carnival would put paying passengers on a ship that was not up to its standards.

Don't worry, just enjoy!

That had to be a joke. As I said Carnival is not going to put paying passengers on a ship that does not meet its standards.

Sometimes I wonder where some of these ideas come from.

It wasn't a joke. It was meant as sarcasm (disgust). I apparently failed miserably at my attempt. As to your other question, no, I am not ignorant, but apparently some are. They act as if everyone who lost his home is going to tear things up. I hate what the media has shown and hate it more that so many believe all of it.

I, too, am a southerner.

It wasn't a joke. It was meant as sarcasm (disgust). I apparently failed miserably at my attempt. As to your other question, no, I am not ignorant, but apparently some are. They act as if everyone who lost his home is going to tear things up. I hate what the media has shown and hate it more that so many believe all of it.

Kitty

I think I am using joke and sarcasm interchangeably here. I agree with you.

I'm certain that they will completely refurbish it from top to bottom because all of those DIRTY cootie-infested policemen, firemen, EMTs and other disgusting southerners have surely destroyed the entire ship.

:eek: Oh come on I am a Fireman/EMT! and I am not dirty or cootie infested:D

I, too, am a southerner.

Well, let me start off by apologizing!!! It has just been one of "those days" at work. I couldn't tell if you were serious or not, and it just got me a little peeved. Again, I am very sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion!!!

Actually, three. Holiday will be in Freeport Bahamas at the same time for a 20 day. And they could actually document both Sensation and Ecstasy since they will be at the same shipyard at the same time. Now that would be really cool.

That would be REALLY cool. It was so interesting to see the behind the scenes and before and after! I wish Carnival would do it, it's so incredible the amount of work that goes into it.

But...you did not say if you are disgusting or not.... ;)

"Any resemblance to sarcasm in this post is purely coincidental."

JB

Well, let me start off by apologizing!!! It has just been one of "those days" at work. I couldn't tell if you were serious or not, and it just got me a little peeved. Again, I am very sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion!!!

That's cool. We all have "those days" and things that set us off. The insinuation that the ship has to be redone because of New Orleans set me off.

Surely everyone knows that ships have to go on dry dock periodically because of insurance and licensing requirements. Dry dock would not need to be done to change carpet. That's done to inspect, fix, and paint the bottom of the boat.

"Now every body go back to a neutral corner and stay there!!! Stop all this bickering!!!!" I thought we fought a civil war to resolve these issues but apparently it didn't take. Now every body take a deep breath and relax. What you all need is a seven day cruise ................. but not together.

I'll come back and check on you later to see if you have settled down. Had the same darn problem with my kids.

I am not an EMT or Fireman either, but my sisters told me 20 years ago that i had cooties, i am pretty sure they have cleared up by now though :p

Archived