Odyssey of the Seas Nursery

Hi

I have a few questions about the nursery for our trip at the end of sept with out 18 month old twins 

- can I book before we go or when can I, also when do you pay 

- what is the cost per hour

- is there a limit to how many hours you get over the course of the 9 nights

- what time does it goes

- does it look ok taking your twins to specialty restaurants, they are normally well behaved or do not many people do this 

thanks for any help 

19 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

- can I book before we go or when can I, also when do you pay:

We didn't book before going but I've read that it's ideal to go there on embarkation day to reserve time slots. They will charge the daycare payment to your account.

- what is the cost per hour: $6 USD/hour

- is there a limit to how many hours you get over the course of the 9 nights: There are windows where you can drop them off. I think it's 9 am to noon; 2-5 pm (this is the one we usually dropped our baby at); 7-10 pm.

- what time does it goes: I think until 10 pm.

- does it look ok taking your twins to specialty restaurants, they are normally well behaved or do not many people do this: You wouldn't be able to drop them off if your dinner reservation is before 7 pm.

I've taken young children to specialty restaurants.  For me, the general rule is that I will get them out of there as soon as they get fussy and start making noise.  So that's a little easier if the kid is 3, and you can immediately take them to the kids club which doesn't require reservations over 3.  You do need to be prepared to take them out if they are fussy because other people are paying a lot of money for their meals, and deserve to enjoy them in peace.  As long as you are okay with that, you can take them to the specialty restaurants.

I'd recommend posting in September about availability - right now cruises are at the height of families traveling, so if they have a problem it may not exist at the end of September because older siblings have school, which cuts down on the numbers of families fighting for limited slots.

We took our 18 month old on Indy in June. 

You cannot book before you go. As soon as you get on, head to the nursery, register them, and book your first reservation. At the time of our cruise we were allowed to book one evening and maybe one day slot. But more opened up the next day and we could book out the other evenings. We took our daughter once without reservations and they made an exception to let her in but know that w/o reservations, it may be hard.

Time slots exist on sea days as stated above. On port days I believe they are open from like 9-5 or something along those lines. In the PM they are open 7-midnight (with 10-12 being $8 an hour). We used the nursery every night and a few times otherwise and our daughter seemed to like it. They WILL call you if your kid cannot settle, just FYI. They give you a phone.

As for restaurants, my toddler has the patience span of 7 min and I would never bring her to specialty. I will barely bring my 7 year old son. We just make reservations for 7:30 and drop off the kids at 7. Prepare that there will be a line and wait and it can take 5-30 min for dropoff depending on where you are in line at 7.

31 minutes ago, myacuna said:

We took our 18 month old on Indy in June. 

You cannot book before you go. As soon as you get on, head to the nursery, register them, and book your first reservation. At the time of our cruise we were allowed to book one evening and maybe one day slot. But more opened up the next day and we could book out the other evenings. We took our daughter once without reservations and they made an exception to let her in but know that w/o reservations, it may be hard.

Time slots exist on sea days as stated above. On port days I believe they are open from like 9-5 or something along those lines. In the PM they are open 7-midnight (with 10-12 being $8 an hour). We used the nursery every night and a few times otherwise and our daughter seemed to like it. They WILL call you if your kid cannot settle, just FYI. They give you a phone.

As for restaurants, my toddler has the patience span of 7 min and I would never bring her to specialty. I will barely bring my 7 year old son. We just make reservations for 7:30 and drop off the kids at 7. Prepare that there will be a line and wait and it can take 5-30 min for dropoff depending on where you are in line at 7.

Thanks for all the info

thats good if it’s open to midnight, could enjoy some night life

when you say she was there every night, how did you get all those reservations, did you just book it all on 1st and 2nd day 

when do you find out when the shows are on etc so I no what nights is best to book

Edited by Garyjames220

4 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I've taken young children to specialty restaurants.  For me, the general rule is that I will get them out of there as soon as they get fussy and start making noise.  So that's a little easier if the kid is 3, and you can immediately take them to the kids club which doesn't require reservations over 3.  You do need to be prepared to take them out if they are fussy because other people are paying a lot of money for their meals, and deserve to enjoy them in peace.  As long as you are okay with that, you can take them to the specialty restaurants.

I'd recommend posting in September about availability - right now cruises are at the height of families traveling, so if they have a problem it may not exist at the end of September because older siblings have school, which cuts down on the numbers of families fighting for limited slots.

Thanks for the tips

do u no if the nursary is open till 10pm or midnight 

4 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Oh it’s it’s slots, I never knew that I thought it was open all day without opening and closing 

Only Disney allows you to book slots in the nursery before you sail, giving priority to repeat customers and suite passengers.  I'm sailing RC later in August and will try to remember to ask the kids club staff how things are going in the nursery, and report back.

Edited by kitkat343

10 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Only Disney allows you to book slots in the nursery before you sail, giving priority to repeat customers and suite passengers.  I'm sailing RC later in August and will try to remember to ask the kids club staff how things are going in the nursery, and report back.

That would be great

enjoy your cruise 🙂

We could only book one evening reservation on day one and we did it for that night. The next day, we went back and booked the rest of the nights. I actually don't recall having an issue with the nursery being completely full at any given point in time, and we were able to reserve each night that we wanted. I can see how if there were a ton of babies on board, that could be harder. I went to the nursery on day 2 when they opened around 9 and made the rest of our reservations.

You will know when shows are before you board. They will show up on the app and you can create a calendar for yourself. What we did not know was our dinner times since we did not make specialty reservations until we boarded. We do not eat in MDR so that was a moot point for us. 

They definitely tried to encourage us to pick up by 10 but we often reserved to 11/11:30 and sometimes i would get her early because I can't hang 🙂

5 hours ago, myacuna said:

We could only book one evening reservation on day one and we did it for that night. The next day, we went back and booked the rest of the nights. I actually don't recall having an issue with the nursery being completely full at any given point in time, and we were able to reserve each night that we wanted. I can see how if there were a ton of babies on board, that could be harder. I went to the nursery on day 2 when they opened around 9 and made the rest of our reservations.

You will know when shows are before you board. They will show up on the app and you can create a calendar for yourself. What we did not know was our dinner times since we did not make specialty reservations until we boarded. We do not eat in MDR so that was a moot point for us. 

They definitely tried to encourage us to pick up by 10 but we often reserved to 11/11:30 and sometimes i would get her early because I can't hang 🙂

We have booked the three night dining package, think we will try and go some nights there in the nursery 

do you know how long the shows Lawton the odyssey, trying to decide wether to take them to some

21 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

We have booked the three night dining package, think we will try and go some nights there in the nursery 

do you know how long the shows Lawton the odyssey, trying to decide wether to take them to some

Depends on the show - ice skating was like 45-60. The broadway ones are like 1.5-2. If you bring them I’d sit in the back. My 7 year old barely made it thru the ice skating show or the magic/comedy show. Just a heads up. When we were on either anthem or harmony, there was a really cute black light puppet show in the adventure ocean area that would be perfect!

On 8/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, myacuna said:

Depends on the show - ice skating was like 45-60. The broadway ones are like 1.5-2. If you bring them I’d sit in the back. My 7 year old barely made it thru the ice skating show or the magic/comedy show. Just a heads up. When we were on either anthem or harmony, there was a really cute black light puppet show in the adventure ocean area that would be perfect!

Oh sounds good

are the shows on a few times or different days to pick from