9 day South Pacific out of Sydney. What do you think?

my kids mama

DAY PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART

Fri Sydney, Australia   4:00 PM

Sat Fun Day At Sea    

Sun Fun Day At Sea    

Mon Noumea, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Mystery Island, Vanuatu 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Mare, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea    

Sat Fun Day At Sea    

Sun Sydney, Australia 6:30 AM  
It's high season so the airfare is killing me from the US.  The cruise itself was very reasonable because I got a great deal from carnival. Has anyone done this one?  

6 hours ago, my kids mama said:
DAY PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART

Fri Sydney, Australia   4:00 PM

Sat Fun Day At Sea    

Sun Fun Day At Sea    

Mon Noumea, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Mystery Island, Vanuatu 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Mare, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea    

Sat Fun Day At Sea    

Sun Sydney, Australia 6:30 AM  
It's high season so the airfare is killing me from the US.  The cruise itself was very reasonable because I got a great deal from carnival. Has anyone done this one?  

Yes, have done all those ports 3-5 times each. What are you wanting to know?

When is this cruise?

As far as I know New Caledonia and Vanuatu have not yet opened to cruising and I haven't heard of any opening date.

All those ports except Noumea are small islands with very little development. It's not like the Caribbean with lots of tourist infrastructure. My personal favourite is Isle of Pines.

Noumea is a small city and very French. There a few museums, an aquarium, nice beaches, lots of French eateries and some attractive islands nearby.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

As far as I know New Caledonia and Vanuatu have not yet opened to cruising and I haven't heard of any opening date.

That didn't last long. ☺️

It looks like New Caledonia have lifted their covid restrictions for tourists from today. Along with Tahiti and PNG.

Thank you both for your reply. This cruise was actually booked a couple of years ago and we were supposed to go in 2021.  I don't need to explain why we didn't 't go.  Now we are scheduled for December 30th, 2022.

I guess what I am really wondering is, is this cruise really worth it from the US?   Denver, Colorado to be specific.  The flights for economy are almost 3K USD PP.  Premium economy is $4,500.  

It looks so beautiful in the pictures and we do like to snorkel.  My husband also likes to dive but, not me.  I am happier on the surface of the water.  I am definitely more of a beach person than he is.  He gets bored on the beach pretty quickly.  He likes the forest so, I thought he would like Isle of Pines. 

I picked the most expensive time of the year to travel to Sydney because, that is what worked for my schedule. It was a great offer from Carnival.  Now I am wondering if I should cancel.

I am not a flight snob and usually fly economy.  With such a long flight, we thought we would try to go premium economy, for more leg room and comfort. That is $9,000!!!!!!  I could take a couple of trips for that amount of money. 

I have an app on my phone called "Hopper" it's a flight prediction app.  It says that flight prices are going to come down.   

What should I do?

For me; that distance and cost.. I would want it to be one of my bucket-list destinations. I wouldn't call Vanuatu or New Caledonia bucket-list destinations. It will be a nice cruise.. nice beaches etc.. but you could probably see just as nice beaches in the Caribbean for much less cost and time travel.