Capri and Naples Underground

vjmatty

How feasible is it to see both Capri and Naples Underground with a 7:00 am to 6:00 pm port visit? And is Naples Underground walkable from the ship?

It seems like it would make more sense to go to Capri first, but there is a big gap between 12:10 and 2:50 in return ferry trips.  I also read that there are three parts to the Underground which takes from 1 to 2 hours.... does that sound right?

ETA: This would be October 2 of this year.

Edited by vjmatty
ETA

There are two different underground tours in Naples.  

Napoli Sotterranea is located at Vicoletto I San Paolo (the address given on the web site is just around the corner, but confusing because that's not where the entrance is, it's on the Vicoletto), 1.8 km/1.1 miles on foot from the cruise port.

Naples Underground (napolisotterranea.org)

Galleria Borbonica is located at Vico del Grottone, 1.6 km/1 mile on foot from the cruise port.

Home Page - Galleria Borbonica - Bourbon Tunnel - Napoli sotterranea

The Sotterranea tour takes 90 minutes - two hours if you stay with it through the Roman theatre and the Summa Cavea.  The Borbonica tour is about one hour.

I think it's too much to try and cram both into one day, but that's me.  It's certainly physically possible to do both.

Where are you finding ferry timetables?  There are return ferries from Capri to Naples Beverello at 12:10 (Snav), 12:40 (NLG), and 13:40 (NLG). 

NLG:  NLG » Napoli Beverello - Capri - NLG (navlib.it)

SNAV:  Orari traghetti Croazia, Eolie, Ischia, Capri, Procida (snav.it)

Edited by euro cruiser

Unfortunately the 13:40 disappears when I put in the date of October 2, but it looks like it will have to be an all or nothing choice anyway.... I didn't realize there are two different undergrounds.  And, I don't want to rush either location, so maybe it will just depend on the weather.