NCL Escape, New England cruise better in late August or September?

etravel

So decided on NCL Escape for 2023, there is a end of August New England Canada and end of September as well...so end of September does Newport R.I., Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, and Halifax and 1 day at sea...the end of August date includes 2 days at sea, and does not do Newport...also very similar pricing...would you steer towards the earlier or later date as far as weather, and thoughts on Newport is it a city not to be missed? Thoughts? 

August ....... The Leaves dont really change until October and September it rained the entire trip when we went .. Not that it will rain for you , but , it was terrible . Rained sideways ..

Flip a coin  😉

12 minutes ago, mpk218 said:

August ....... The Leaves dont really change until October and September it rained the entire trip when we went .. Not that it will rain for you , but , it was terrible . Rained sideways ..

Flip a coin  😉

Yikes on the rain!!! That stinks! 

30 minutes ago, etravel said:

Yikes on the rain!!! That stinks! 

The remnants of hurricanes and tropical storms often track along the coast up through that area, but of course those are not that common.  I'd guess that the chances of it happening are pretty similar in August and September.

Newport has its mansions which seem to have become more of a tourist attraction than in some other places, but apart from that I don't know of anything that really sets it apart from other New England coastal cities.  If it's your one visit to the area I think that Portland would give you pretty much the same flavor as Newport.

• Like 1