Is a B2B considered a single booking of two separate bookings?

It depends on how it is booked.

If you have just booked two separate itineraries which happen to follow after each other then that is two separate bookings.

If NCL have put two itineraries together to form a single, longer itinerary then that is a single booking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bellevuemountain said:

I am considering a B2B cruise.  I have a 10% off coupon that expires September 30th.  Here is my question… has anyone ever used this type of a coupon?  Does it apply to one segment or both segments?  Thanks for your info, I did a search but did not find much.

We've had and used many of these coupons. You can apply one coupon per person to each separate booking.

Online you can normally only book each segment of a back to back separately, so it's one voucher per person per segment.

I don't know how it works if the two segments are on a single booking number (sometimes possible through an agent), we've never done that.

• Like 1

Be VERY careful if someone wants to put two cruises, which are B2B, as a single booking with a single booking number.

You could finish up with major problems getting refunds/OBC?FCC sorted if ONE of the two cruises is cancelled.

Been there, done that.

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear, when I mentioned two itineraries being put together to form one longer one, I am talking about NCL doing this.

If travel agents do that then I assume that it would be two separate bookings as far as vouchers are concerned.

I don’t know whether there are any at the moment, but NCL have often offered longer B2B cruises as one itinerary. For example, when the Jade was doing alternating cruises out of Venice they offered two week options as a separate itinerary.

Taking casofilia’s point, one leg on our booking was cancelled and it was easy for us to move the booking. If we had been on a travel agents created B2B then it could possibly have been harder to deal with.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob_H said:

I don't know how it works if the two segments are on a single booking number (sometimes possible through an agent), we've never done that.

NCL seldom combines two segments and sells as one cruise having only a single booking number now. In most of the cases, it has to be booked separated by two booking numbers, then they will link the bookings together.

Oceania and Regent is more often to offer "combo cruises". You can book a 17-night voyage in a single booking, instead of booking 7-night + 10-night separately.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1