Carnival Luminosa - Looks Like Cruise Bookings Are About To Open

It looks like Carnival is getting close to releasing Carnival Luminosa sailing itineraries/dates for bookings. The docking space is now reserved for Seattle sailings and a couple dates have appeared in the Carnival Hub App. The tentative cruise dates from Seattle are as follows: 

• May 2023;  4, 11, 18, 25 
  • June 2023: 1, 8, 15, 21, 28 
  • July 2023: 6, 13, 20, 27
  • August 2023: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 
  • September 2023: 7, 14 

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-luminosa-2023-alaska-cruises 

https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250 (primary source of the above dates - includes other port docking calendars too) 

Most of the Seattle dates are departures on Thursday to sail what would be 7 night cruises. There is at least one 6 day and one 8 day mixed in. The Carnival Hub app currently shows November 6, 2022 and May 4, 2023 which could correspond to the first Brisbane date and then the first Alaska cruise from Seattle date. 

With docking space reserved and work starting to take place on the Carnival Hub App, hopefully it won't be too much longer before the Carnival Luminosa is open for bookings. I'm personally curious to see what work the ship gets (and does not get) since there will be a minimal amount of time for Carnival to make updates to the ship. 

• Like 2

We still don't have a start date here in Australia. Some day in November.. Carnival has Brisbane Passenger Terminal booked on 6th, 13th & 20th of November with a start date. (I think they had 3rd also). No News on Trans-Pacific.. But you can judge by those dates.. 

The Big thing is what is going to be on-board??? Saw just 2 weeks in Drydock on Bookface. Not enough for Punchliner, Guys, Red Frog Pub, Alchemy Bar & other basic Carnival things.

Just now, Hunter69 said:

We still don't have a start date here in Australia. Some day in November.. Carnival has Brisbane Passenger Terminal booked on 6th, 13th & 20th of November with a start date. (I think they had 3rd also). No News on Trans-Pacific.. But you can judge by those dates.. 

The Big thing is what is going to be on-board??? Saw just 2 weeks in Drydock on Bookface. Not enough for Punchliner, Guys, Red Frog Pub, Alchemy Bar & other basic Carnival things.

Actually, Funship 2.0 was designed to be done during a 2-week drydock. So technically there isn't a reason those venues can't be installed, it's a question of how many resources Carnival is willing/able to muster for the project. Guy's Burger Joint will require some construction if the installation is going to be identical to the majority of the fleet, as that typically entails changing one venue into two (Off the Grill > Guy's + Blue Iguana). Some of these shouldn't require more than redecorating. The only one that may be an issue is Punchliner, as the theatre is configured differently than on the other Spirit class ships.

12 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

I think it would have to be the 3rd also because Carnival said Luminosa would be before Celebration (November 6)

I am now seeing in the Carnival Hub App dates for Carnival Luminosa from November 2022 - April 2024. Here are the dates showing on the app that look to be the first season from Brisbane, Australia: 

November 2022 - 6, 13, 20 

December 2022 - 1, 4, 11, 15, 18, 26, 29 

January 2023 -  5, 8, 15, 22, 29 

February 2023 - 2, 5, 12, 19, 

March 2023 - 2, 5, 12, 19, 23, 26 

April 2023 -  2, 9 (I'm guessing this could be a repositioning cruise as the next date is then May 4, 2023). 

This could still change as Carnival has not officially opened these cruises for booking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecruiserofships said:

I am now seeing in the Carnival Hub App dates for Carnival Luminosa from November 2022 - April 2024. Here are the dates showing on the app that look to be the first season from Brisbane, Australia: 

November 2022 - 6, 13, 20 

December 2022 - 1, 4, 11, 15, 18, 26, 29 

January 2023 -  5, 8, 15, 22, 29 

February 2023 - 2, 5, 12, 19, 

March 2023 - 2, 5, 12, 19, 23, 26 

April 2023 -  2, 9 (I'm guessing this could be a repositioning cruise as the next date is then May 4, 2023). 

This could still change as Carnival has not officially opened these cruises for booking. 

It looks like no south Pacific this year then.  How are you seeing these in the app?  I can only see my current bookings.  

Do you see any 10+ days for the 23-24 season?

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, Whatsthedillio said:

It looks like no south Pacific this year then.  How are you seeing these in the app?  I can only see my current bookings.  

Do you see any 10+ days for the 23-24 season?

Thanks in advance!

In the Carnival Hub App if you are not logged in to any booking you can click the "Enter With Booking #" button and it will bring you to a screen with some fields. Leave the top ones blank and go down to "Ship Name" and select Carnival Luminosa. Then the "Sail Date" field will populate with dates. 

I do think there are some longer cruises. For example, the November 20, 2022 date does not have a date after it until December 1st which could be an 10-11 day cruise. It possible that Carnival hasn't imported all dates yet so that is why there are gaps, but otherwise that indicates favorably towards longer cruises being mixed in. 

For Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 I am seeing the following: 

September 7, 2023 

October 2023 - 15, 22, 29, 

November 2023 - 2, 5, 12, 19, 30

December 2023 -  3, 10, 14, 17, 26 

January 2024 - 3, 7, 14, 21, 28 

February 2024 -  1, 4, 11, 18, 29 

March 2024 - 3, 10, 14, 17, 24, 28 

April 2024 -  1, 7  (nothing appears after April 7, 2024) 

Hope this helps! 

• Thanks 3