Cabins on the Holland Line.

mysisterandl

Hello l am going on a cruise 2023 on the Holland line  Nieuw Statendam. 
British isles just looking at the Holland Line and the one on the Norwegian Dawn as well .

Just wondering if any one has been in cabin 001011 single ocean view stateroom.?.

As travelling along is this cabin cheaper ?.

thanks .Lorraine Kiwi 

13 minutes ago, mysisterandl said:

Just wondering if any one has been in cabin 001011 single ocean view stateroom.?.

No, I have not and, even as a solo cruiser, I would not consider it.  Too small and I don't care for its location.  

3 hours ago, mysisterandl said:

British isles just looking at the Holland Line and the one on the Norwegian Dawn as well .

thanks .Lorraine Kiwi 

Howdy @mysisterandl and thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising & your inquiry is about a specific cruise line cabin. Your thread was off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new thread to the Holland America Line forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on Nieuw Statendam frequent this forum and provide feedback here. If you are sailing solo, you might also want to research our Solo Cruisers forum too.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are replies on your Followed threads because they will all come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mysisterandl said:

thanks .Lorraine Kiwi 

Welcome to the HAL forum!  We love the Nieuw Statendam and the Pinnacle-class ships.  Here are some positive comments from someone who has been in your cabin but on its sister ship, so it’s comparable:

Pinnacle-Class Cabin # 1011

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

That stateroom might be a few square feet smaller than a regular ocean view stateroom, so it's not small at all!  1011 and 1014 are the 2 largest solo staterooms.  The lower numbered ones get progressively smaller, with the lowest numbers being too small for sure.

The big difference is you won't have a sofa.  There's more than enough room in 1011 and 1014, but they've chose to not include them in the solo category so there's a lot of free/open floor space.  I enjoyed 1014 and my travel companion in 1011 loved her stateroom as well.  

As to whether it's the right stateroom to book, price it out and also price out the single/solo fare on other staterooms.  It's possible the savings might be small enough (to you) that it's worth paying a little more.  I've had 1014 booked several times and usually upgraded to a verandah at the last minute (after final payment) but this last time no upsell offers were received and I was very happy with the solo stateroom.  I've got it booked again for March 2023.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1