Live review - “Free”dom of the seas 8/19/22

DeerJod

6 minutes ago, DeerJod said:

Diamond lounge is awesome, first timer and in love. Glad I’m in my 30s and have many years to enjoy it.

I'm so glad they left it there on 14 on Freedom.  It's downstairs in the old cigar lounge/library on some other ships (Voyager, Navigator).

LOVING this review.  Keep it coming!  I'm on in October!

Edited by Crism

After dinner did a quick walk downstairs to the promenade. Ds was getting tired so just a short time down there and now back to our room for bed.

im  no elitist but I really thought a 50$ tip would yield hand soap turns out I was mistaken. No hand soap in our bathroom still, rather disappointing.

Good morning from coco cay! Slept amazing, ac on the high seas works better than the airport Marriott which means the room was ice cold!

going to eat in the wj then ds and I are going to wander around the island without a single plan.

055F2A22-EB4E-4077-B9EC-A12D401A9B68.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DeerJod said:

Wj is surprisingly calm, very clean and staff is incredibly attentive

Not surprising to me given that you were there in the 7am hour. As a WJ enthusiast and early riser, this is what I am accustomed to. It gets crowded later on.

It can be very peaceful for dinner too, especially if you don't get there the second it opens at 6pm or whatever. Even if we eat dinner elsewhere, we like to wander through the WJ afterwards just to check out the desserts and anything else interesting. You never know when you might stumble upon a crepe station, special chocolate night spread, etc.

Food is a big part of my cruising if you couldn't tell, lol.

P.S. Hope your son didn't get into the red bulls. 🤣

• Like 1

Ok so cruising solo dad and not gambling took more out of me than a booze filled gambling trip with adults. I selfishly downed two redbull a this morning just to keep up.

splash away bay is beyond fantastic my son is loving it.

FE1E37C6-11CC-4A97-BCED-F9FDD053D1D7.jpeg

17177325-8B43-4C37-85B8-5D3F1721BFED.jpeg

987E07C5-B56E-4E62-8DFF-C6D69A25B39C.jpeg

4BB44962-BAA4-4B70-9962-D6D4C8D62E92.jpeg

• Like 3

Water is 2feet deep after the slides, life jackets are here and free.

ds had an oh crap moment when he came down too fast and went under, he stood up after a moment of freaking out and has been good being more aware of his surroundings on subsequent slide rides, there’s a great life guard presence but that’s no substitute for watching your kids.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DeerJod said:

Ds has asked we abandon our chairs at the kids splash park and go full time beach, so we trekked back to get our stuff and will then go back to the beach, I need another drink…

Chill Island has good spots near both a bar and the Chill Grill buffet. Just go past the hammocks, IIRC.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, DeerJod said:

Ok so cruising solo dad and not gambling took more out of me than a booze filled gambling trip with adults. I selfishly downed two redbull a this morning just to keep up.

splash away bay is beyond fantastic my son is loving it.

FE1E37C6-11CC-4A97-BCED-F9FDD053D1D7.jpeg

17177325-8B43-4C37-85B8-5D3F1721BFED.jpeg

987E07C5-B56E-4E62-8DFF-C6D69A25B39C.jpeg

4BB44962-BAA4-4B70-9962-D6D4C8D62E92.jpeg

I love that view.

just love Coco Cay!!

Fruit plate compliments of the key, and my ingenious solution to keeping Champaign fresh.

I got two bottles of champagne (really just sparkling wine) last night from next cruise for booking onboard, I gave one to a couple from Utah that were doing their first ever cruise and just cracked open the other bottle. I’m not planning on drinking the whole thing, so I poured the rest into a water bottle for the fridge. I didn’t realize Champaign and pee   Have such a similar color. 10/10 chance the stateroom attendant will think I’m refrigerating urine. 

77CDE82E-059E-4A3D-B6FD-D0C8761DB0F3.jpeg

75E86391-1366-4DFE-9273-663ABA0BFBF6.jpeg

Edited by DeerJod
  • Haha 4