Catchin Covid on Marella Cruise

I am hoping to be on a 7 night cruise on Discover in September. If I contract covid on the cruise, say on day 5 what is Marella's response. Am I quarantined aboard and more importantly what happens when the ship gets back to Mallorca.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I am hoping to be on a 7 night cruise on Discover in September. If I contract covid on the cruise, say on day 5 what is Marella's response. Am I quarantined aboard and more importantly what happens when the ship gets back to Mallorca.

Good morning Dave.
Unfortunately our friend Jim the Scot was took ill with Covid whilst on his cruise recently.

If you scroll down to the topic…Just returned (Discovery 2) He has documented his experience from embarkation to getting home.

I think it may answer your questions.

Keep well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Good morning Dave.
Unfortunately our friend Jim the Scot was took ill with Covid whilst on his cruise recently.

If you scroll down to the topic…Just returned (Discovery 2) He has documented his experience from embarkation to getting home.

I think it may answer your questions.

Keep well.

Oops, I actually took part in that topic.

So they quarantine you aboard and then send you to the airport  where you fly home and and in my case have to use public transport to get home. I think my private hire driver would not be happy with that. The alternative being a train journey and two bus journeys just so i can infect lots of other people.

I suppose this is the new normal.