Adventure of the Seas: Ultra Spacious oceanview?

Looking at a cruise with these rooms at the very front of the ship available. It's tempting, mainly because I have a kid and a good view from portholes can be fun. It seems from other (much older) threads that people are discussing (and enjoying) these exact rooms, but in the name of caution, is there a reason they don't sell very quickly compared to others?

Seasickness is not an issue in our family. The last time we were on a choppy boat, it tossed us around a bit, but otherwise rocked us to some very good sleep.

1 minute ago, PolicromaSol said:

Looking at a cruise with these rooms at the very front of the ship available. It's tempting, mainly because I have a kid and a good view from portholes can be fun. It seems from other (much older) threads that people are discussing (and enjoying) these exact rooms, but in the name of caution, is there a reason they don't sell very quickly compared to others?

Seasickness is not an issue in our family. The last time we were on a choppy boat, it tossed us around a bit, but otherwise rocked us to some very good sleep.

Potential motion and sea sickness is the reason many don't book these.

Most stable place on a ship is low and center.  These are complete opposite on both counts. 

We tried this room on Adventure a few years a go before Covid. Lots of room to spread out. Picture window was over the bridge and we had to keep the curtain closed at night so the light did not interfere.

It was good until we hit a storm. I don't get sea sick but that night I did. The rocking got to me bad. Ginger chews to the rescue! Never again. Mid ship cabins on mid to low decks for me!!

15 hours ago, smokeykat said:

We tried this room on Adventure a few years a go before Covid. Lots of room to spread out. Picture window was over the bridge and we had to keep the curtain closed at night so the light did not interfere.

It was good until we hit a storm. I don't get sea sick but that night I did. The rocking got to me bad. Ginger chews to the rescue! Never again. Mid ship cabins on mid to low decks for me!!

Well, I'm basing my "seasickness is not an issue" on the first cruise my family ever went on. The water was choppy enough to be throwing us around while we were walking around the ship before and after dinner, regardless of where we went in the ship. (It was our first time doing this, so we were eager to explore.) High, low, forward, mid, aft...didn't matter. That thing was rocking like crazy. I couldn't walk a straight line all night, and I'm a teetotaller. I'm shocked nobody's dinner got dropped, but I imagine the staff is used to it.

Nobody got seasick, but that sure as heck taught me what "sea legs" are. The rest of the trip was completely smooth. On the plus side, rocked me to sleep very comfortably that night. Best night of sleep I'd had in a while.