Splendor Suite Location

pappy1022

I’m getting ready to book a concierge suite on the 9/2023 British Isle cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton on Splendor. The cabin selections are pretty limited. I have 3 questions: (1) for this cruise is there any advantage to having a starboard or port cabin? (2) should I stay away from cabins near the laundrette? I am curious to whether the noise or traffic should be a concern. (3) Would it be worth the extra $1200 to move up to a concierge D cabin to get a better ship location? I did look at the cabin review spreadsheet on this discussion board but there is very little info on the Splendor cabins. Thank you.

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

(1) for this cruise is there any advantage to having a starboard or port cabin?

I doubt it

(2) should I stay away from cabins near the laundrette? I am curious to whether the noise or traffic should be a concern.

A suite near the launderette can be handy if you want to pop in to rinse some delicates or iron out some creases. 

We have never found any problems with noise near the launderettes and, with valet laundry & pressing now included for all guests, the traffic is very light.

(3) Would it be worth the extra $1200 to move up to a concierge D cabin to get a better ship location?

Your choice, but most locations on Splendor will be fine. Check the balcony depth as some are shallower than others.

I did look at the cabin review spreadsheet on this discussion board but there is very little info on the Splendor cabins.

Also worth looking at suite reviews for Explorer as the ships are virtually identical.

• Like 1