If I had to ship something home from Oslo...

SempreMare

British Isles Explorer London (Greenwich) to Oslo.

Luggage space looks tight.

If I see something I absolutely can't live without ☺️ in one of the many ports and need to ship a box home from Oslo,

how to best do that? 

I'll be on a post cruise extension, staying in Hotel Bristol, Oslo.  Looks like there's a DHL service point at a Mail Boxes Etc  < 10 min walk away. 

Does anyone here whose shipped home something from Oslo have 'lessons learned' ? 

3 hours ago, SempreMare said:

British Isles Explorer London (Greenwich) to Oslo.

Luggage space looks tight.

If I see something I absolutely can't live without ☺️ in one of the many ports and need to ship a box home from Oslo,

how to best do that? 

I'll be on a post cruise extension, staying in Hotel Bristol, Oslo.  Looks like there's a DHL service point at a Mail Boxes Etc  < 10 min walk away. 

Does anyone here whose shipped home something from Oslo have 'lessons learned' ? 

Hello

What size are you talking about? 
You can ship by Posten, the Norwegian postal service, DHL, Jetpak, Bring. 

If you are talking about furniture, big things, often the store can help you out for shipping. 

If you are thinking of sending a box home, Posten will be your best choice probably. 
They have prices online and you can fix all paperwork to customs and pay online. 
The reception/concierge at Bristol will be able to help you to print out the paperwork you need to attached the box.

And they probably have someone dropping off things to the Posten😉 

• Like 2

Many stores in tourist areas will ship for you.

They know you don’t want to/can’t carry bulky items and certainly don’t want to seek out 3rd party shippers. They already have a good relationship with one or more shippers.

• Like 1

My first suggestion would be check with the store first.  I made a large purchase in a store in Italy, and the store was very used to sending purchases home for cruise passengers.  Best thing, it was free (I’m sure the price for shipping was built into the price I paid).  
The store shipped it such that I would be home when it arrived.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

What size are you talking about? 
You can ship by Posten, the Norwegian postal service, DHL, Jetpak, Bring. 
[...]

If you are thinking of sending a box home, Posten will be your best choice probably. 
They have prices online and you can fix all paperwork to customs and pay online. 
The reception/concierge at Bristol will be able to help you to print out the paperwork you need to attached the box.

And they probably have someone dropping off things to the Posten😉 

Thanks!  That's probably the path I'd take. 

Right now my only intended purchase is a London School of Economics tee-shirt. 

(A buddy from college rails on economists.   Can't resist the idea of him wearing a LSE tee-shirt.    I noticed that my London hotel, One Aldwych, is very near the London School of Economics.  As importantly, it is near this amazing hall for the "Honorable Society of Lincoln's Inn" ( a society for barristers?) that I absolutely must try to get into.