For those who have used Uber to get from a hotel to Port Canaveral

BeachNBooks

Have you had any issues with there not being enough Uber drivers available? I'm not so much concerned with price (I know it'll spike due to demand) as simply the ability to get to the port. We are going to fly into MLB the day before our cruise and stay at a Melbourne Beach hotel so I can take a couple walks on the beach before the cruise. 🙂 I want to take Uber to the port the next day, but I'm wondering if there are enough drivers in the area to accommodate the large numbers of people needing them on Saturdays when so many people need to get there. If Uber isn't reliable, I'll hire a driver. Thanks!

You'll be a half hour or so from the port, so you wouldn't be affected by any pre-cruise rush.

Melbourne is not Orlando or Atlanta, certainly, but it is not Podunk,  Texas either.

There certainly should be drivers available. 

If in doubt, pre-reserve a ride for your desired pickup time 

That avoids any possible surge pricing, as well. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

You'll be a half hour or so from the port, so you wouldn't be affected by any pre-cruise rush.

Melbourne is not Orlando or Atlanta, certainly, but it is not Podunk,  Texas either.

There certainly should be drivers available. 

If in doubt, pre-reserve a ride for your desired pickup time 

That avoids any possible surge pricing, as well. 

Great suggestion, we are staying in Coco Beach a couple of nights prior to sailing and I was wondering the same.  We just used UberXL at San Pedro and booked it in advance.  It worked great.  

I booked Uber to go the 3 miles from the Hilton Marina to pier 4 . He got lost coming (25 minute wait) and then going to the correct pier (10 extra minutes) using regular UberX . It was a little funny . Next time I'll spring for a premium Uber like select, plus or black . 

Edited by richstowe