Caribbean Princess - convince me why I should sail

dshebert

Hello fellow cruisers:)

I have sailed on RCCL ships 5 times. I can sail on Caribbean Princess next January for a business cruise. Convince me why I will totally enjoy my Princess cruise:D

Has anyone stayed in cabin R-508? That's the cabin I have reserved and was curious if being located below a pool would be a good thing or a bad thing. Thanks for all your responses!!

Dale

Hello fellow cruisers:)

I have sailed on RCCL ships 5 times. I can sail on Caribbean Princess next January for a business cruise. Convince me why I will totally enjoy my Princess cruise:D /QUOTE]

Why does someone have to convince you to cruise on any cruise line? If you have cruised on RCCL 5 times, then you will enjoy Princess much more. Happy cruising!

I don't think you should stay with RCCL..... I think you should go with an open mind and NOT compare one with the other. Each company is different and wonderful in their own ways.

I'm not sure what types of ships you are accustomed to, but CB is a large ship. There are some areas that get crowded (Schooner's for example when Bert Stratton is playing) but there is always ample room to sit and hide (if that's what you choose to do) from the crowds. Take some time to explore the outer decks...you'll find lots of hidden spaces either in the sun or the shade. Experience the wonder of MUTS (movies under the stars). Some people say this is an unnecessary addition to the larger ships, others absolutely love it. I could take it or leave it, but it is nice for those nights you just want to lounge around and relax in front of a movie.

I am curious to hear your thoughts when you return. Just please oh please, do not come back slamming Princess. :)

Does someone get an award if they convince you? :p

Here's something: The worst cruising experience is better than the best day at work.

That's all I need.

I don't know Zeb, I got food poisioning on my last cruise. Work looks good when you're laid out in that tiny bathroom at 2 am!! lol

I am confused--if this is a business cruise, then do you really have any choice regarding the ship?

I've sailed on RCI, Princess, and other ships and I've found that no matter what the cruiseline or ship, if you stay directly below the pool, you will likely hear the deck chairs being moved in the evening and in the early morning. There may also be music and party noises, depending on where you are located beneath the pool. Of course, it is a convenient location in that you only have to go up one level to the pool and the buffet.

Why - because whatever sense of disappointment you might find versus your RC experience is going to be much easier to take than being stuck at the office and having to listen to the people who went on the cruise brag about what a great time they had afterward. :)

I was just on CB 2/18-2/25 and stayed in R507, so I'm assuming it's similar to R508, just on the other side. Anyway, our room was one of the "sideways" oriented ones. The motion while sleeping is thus a bit different - as you sway left to right, rather than head to toe if that makes sense. Didn't make a difference to me, but my wife said she could tell the difference in motion while sleeping (stayed in R344 last time around). As for noise, didn't really notice much of anythign from above. Occasionally could hear the "ding" from the elevators, but that's about it, could be the employee elevators though, as I believe those were right next to the wall. So I have no complaints about noise, was never woken up, or had troubel falling asleep due to noise. Hope this helps and you'll have a great time if you choose to take this CB cruise!

I am just FLA..BER..GAS..TED that you would even care what we said. What I would do is read all the boards available and if it is not your cup of tea.........THAN STAY AT THE OFFICE AND ANSWER THE PHONES!!!

Have a happy day what every you decide to do

Cathy p

Wow. If I'd received some of these responses to posting a question on this board, I might need some convincing to try Princess!

OP, I think you might enjoy....

Hot and cold seafood buffets

Movies under the Stars

Bert Stratton

Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale/eeeeaaasssy embarkation

Golf simulator

Anytime dining (if you use it properly)

Princess Cays

Enjoy!

Wow. If I'd received some of these responses to posting a question on this board, I might need some convincing to try Princess!

OP, I think you might enjoy....

Hot and cold seafood buffets

Movies under the Stars

Bert Stratton

Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale/eeeeaaasssy embarkation

Golf simulator

Anytime dining (if you use it properly)

Princess Cays

Enjoy!

Ditto...why so hostile? OP, you also must try Sabatini's for alternative dining, and the French onion soup and chocolate hazelnut souffle at dinner. And the pizza by the pool.

Mary Poppinz: Good answer!!!!! But I got the feeling that the OP doesn't really need a lot of convincing. :)

TexasMom: By far the best pizza of any cruise line and in some cases (unless you're from NY) the best pizza ever!

My next cruise is not until May, but your answer makes me want to get on the ship now!

Marly

For me I think it was the "Convince Me" that hit me the wrong way. Especially since it is a business cruise. I would enjoy any type of cruise if it was business and not my hard earned money. Besides it is the people that make the cruise not the ship. Being with your honey standing by the rail looking out over the ocean with the moonlight and stars. I think that is included with all ships.

This is my first time on Princess in July, however, I still remember that moon. Somehow we seem to have misplaced that moon and stars in Va. Beach. We have the ocean but that moon and stars. On the ship seem to be so romantic. Of course if OP does not have the honey to stand by the rail than maybe what the ship has to offer would be important.

Sorry, fellow cruisers if I ruffled some feathers. I had no intention of being mean. It was just my opinon.

Have a super day:)

Cathy p

A cruise is what you make of it. You have over 2500 people there to have a good time and over 1000 people who want you to have a good time. So if you don't have a good time you have no one to blame but yourself.

Go, keep your expectations low and you will have your expectations exceeded.

Mary P and TaxasMom2......I feel the same way. I post a harmless question and get blasted. All I was looking for was the positive things that cruisers have experienced on this ship. I have never sailed on any Princess ship and was curious. Guess I need to word my questions better or draw pictures so I don't feel like staying away from the Princess boards.

Dale

Have only cruised on Caribbean Princess(11/04) and Star Princess (11/05), but we loved Caribbean Princess! The layout of the pool deck was great, great lively atmosphere etc...Much how I imagine Royal Caribbean - based on their marketing...

Actually am anxious to try RCI someday....Freedom January 2007 is tempting us.... Sailing on Celebrity Infinity in 2 days!!!!!! First Celebrity experience. (although it is a charter)

My theory.... all mass market cruise lines have there own "niche" yet all are very similar.

Best Wishes for your upcoming cruise aboard Caribbean Princess!

Gary

We have sailed twice on Royal Caribbean and will be sailing with Princess for the first time tomorrow. We're looking forward to it, based on everything we've read here. No matter which cruise line we sail on, we prefer the large class of vessel. I have a feeling that they are all very similar, but we'll soon have a better idea of how they compare.

Dale: I thought the big green smiley face at the end of your sentence was a dead giveaway that you were tongue-in-cheek when you wrote that you needed to be "convinced."

Most of you guys need to lighten up and read the smiles!

Marly

I had previously sailed with Carnival and Celebrity. Princess and Celebrity are very close in their ways. The entertainment on Celeb was better but other than that I would choose Princess, esp the Caribbean Princess. I went with my mother (I am in my late 20's) and we had a great time!! We are already planning to go back on the CP next February with my sister and her boyfriend and some of our friends. I think the bigger the group the more fun you will have!!

Archived