Explorer

We are on the Explorer in October for two weeks. A few questions if anyone can help.

1. (Cabin 9028) What type of plugs are used (EU/US) and do they also have USB charging ports in cabins.

2. What is the procedure for ordering your covid test before you go from Chromonics. Is this done via Marella or with the company. How soon can you order.

3. Seen some posts recently re Explorer (1) Advised that there were only 4 cabin stewards for all of deck 9 a. Does this mean Marella have cut back on staff, We have always found it is the staff that make the holiday, they are all so nice and helpful. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. (Roll on October, it will have been 3 years since we have been a cruise, due to covid)

Good morning Fife.

The plug on the desk where the kettle sits is a round two pin EU type. I don’t recall seeing USB ports apart from in the junior suites. We use a four way UK multi plug that also has four usb charging ports ( available on Amazon)

We ordered our test’s from Chronomics when we booked the cruise, Chronomics send the tests out usually seven to ten days before embarkation date.

Earlier this year we didn’t notice any staff shortages. Everything was running smoothly as normal.  I must agree with you regarding the staff they are one of the reasons we book again and again.

Hope you have a great trip.😉

Edited by Brummijam
Spellink

9 hours ago, FIFE1 said:

We are on the Explorer in October for two weeks. A few questions if anyone can help.

1. (Cabin 9028) What type of plugs are used (EU/US) and do they also have USB charging ports in cabins.

2. What is the procedure for ordering your covid test before you go from Chromonics. Is this done via Marella or with the company. How soon can you order.

3. Seen some posts recently re Explorer (1) Advised that there were only 4 cabin stewards for all of deck 9 a. Does this mean Marella have cut back on staff, We have always found it is the staff that make the holiday, they are all so nice and helpful. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. (Roll on October, it will have been 3 years since we have been a cruise, due to covid)

Hi Fife,

We ordered our test kits from chronomics via a link on Tui website/cruise hub.The link takes you Chronomics website

Think we ordered ours something like 2 to 3 weeks before and were delivered 3 days before we were due to fly out

Regarding lack of cabin stewards on Explorer.Reason could be there all on Discovery as we had 3 just for our cabin in July 😅

Have a good one Fife

We were on Explorer 2 and there were no USB ports in the cabin but there was a smart TV with a USB port which I used as a charging point. As long as the TV is on or in standby you can take  power from there. Assuming smart TV's are on all ships you're going to have somewhere to charge from even if you don't take your own adaptors.

19 minutes ago, FIFE1 said:

Sorry one quick question, how soon can you order the test. I have tried this morning and  the website says it does not recognise my booking ref, in FAQs its says two weeks before you travel?

Yes two weeks is what I understood. I ordered my test 10 days before travel, no problems, tests arrived in plenty of time.