Picture-A-Week 2022 - Week 34

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, August 21 and Sunday, August 28.

Last full week of August 2022. There will never be another August 2022! Take some photos to remember it by!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Had a rainy weekend here - Saturday started out with pouring rains until around 1pm then a window opened, so I managed to do a short trip to the wetlands - storms came in right behind me as I left and Sunday was all-day rain.  Mixed overcast light, and steamy hot, but a few critters were still around willing to be photographed:

Yellow-crowned night heron:

original.jpg

Little blue heron doing some fishing:

original.jpg

An invasive species - the largest of the anole lizards...this is the knight anole, not as big as an iguana at around 2 feet long, but still a pretty hefty lizard:

original.jpg

A wider shot of the knight anole, to show more of his length.  They're pretty much just like their small cousins, the little brown and green anoles that kids pick up and handle...except that much bigger head comes with a more powerful bite - this is one you don't want to let bite your earlobe or lip and run around scaring the girls in the schoolyard:

original.jpg

And another reptile you'd probably prefer not to let bite you!  An American alligator hiding in the reeds:

original.jpg

A marsh rabbit:

original.jpg

Blue dasher dragonfly:

original.jpg

The tiny little blue-grey gnatcatcher, a winter staple here, arrived early for migration:

original.jpg

The mom anhinga arrived back at her nest where two growing chicks were waiting - as she brings up a regurgitated fish, one chick is on the ball and ready to grab it before its sibling:

original.jpg

• Like 6

Fall is right around the corner and with it comes hockey season. Sunday found us around two gallons away from home (as we measure distance now) watching one of Matthew's pre-season games. The team is getting older, bigger and better. As one would expect, their opponents are getting better as well and sadly, they lost as a result. That doesn’t mean they didn’t play hard and even when several goals down, they continued to give their best efforts and played hard. I didn’t grow up with hockey as an option. It’s expensive to play and my parents wouldn’t have been able to afford it. At least youth baseball was still fun back then without parents attacking umpires and brawling in the stands.

The Boys Are Back in Town

1150171310_2022-34TheBoysAreBackInTown.thumb.jpg.d648e53131522e3eb1234aef46ca8deb.jpg

Dave

• Like 4