Help! How do I get a Vista Suite

Peachestravels

Hello out there everyone. I apologize if this has been asked before. Please bare with me. I'm trying to plan a Cruise to Alaska for DH and me. Every time I look up cruises for Alaska on Carnival Spirit I try to see if I can get a Vista Suite but the option is never available no matter what dates I put in. How do I get a Vista Suite? Do they just sell out that fast, or am I not allowed to book one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Adults

1 hour ago, x lindsay x said:

There are only 10 on the whole ship and they are quite coveted so they do sell out fast. How many people are you trying to book into one? Some of the rooms have a max occupancy of 3, but most are max 2. 

2 Adults

Yes, they do go fast!  Do you have a Carnival PVP?  If so, your PVP can look up which sailings still have Vista Suites available.  Mine has done this for me, as well as looked up which sailings to a particular port still had one very exclusive excursion still available and helped me lock it down.  This particular feat would have been impossible for me to do on my own.

39 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yes, they do go fast!  Do you have a Carnival PVP?  If so, your PVP can look up which sailings still have Vista Suites available.  Mine has done this for me, as well as looked up which sailings to a particular port still had one very exclusive excursion still available and helped me lock it down.  This particular feat would have been impossible for me to do on my own.

I do not have a PVP. I have been doing alot of research between Carnival and 1 other cruise line. I want us to have a great time, I really love the Vista Suite, is Carnival a good cruise line for Alaska?

1 minute ago, Peachestravels said:

I do not have a PVP. I have been doing alot of research between Carnival and 1 other cruise line. I want us to have a great time, I really love the Vista Suite, is Carnival a good cruise line for Alaska?

I would not be the best one to answer that question -  I've only taken one Alaska cruise and it was 14 years ago on NCL.  But since you asked my opinion, I'll be looking at other lines for our next Alaska cruise (probably in about 2 years).  I've always heard Princess does Alaska the best.  I do love a Vista Suite on a Carnival Spirit Class ship, though.  And being able to snag that cabin is the one factor that would make me consider Carnival for Alaska. 

Full disclosure:  Although I cruise Carnival a lot, it is my least favourite cruise line so far (of Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian).

We usually book our Spirit Class Vista suites as soon as the cruises are posted. That is our favorite cabin. Bear in mind that the configuration of those cabins isn’t the same on each deck. Go to YouTube and watch videos for 4228, 4237, 5266, 5295, 6260, 6329, 7298, 7347, 8268, and 8273 on Miracle, Spirit, Pride, and Legend. Then you will have a good idea of what the suites will look like. Our favorites are on deck 4. 

• Like 2