NE/Canada Weather - Late Aug - Beginning of Sept

steveknj

1 hour ago, steveknj said:

Doing the Maine/Halifax/Saint John itinerary next week.  What's the weather like?  Should I bring a light or mid-weight jacket or will a windbreaker (jacket with no lining) be sufficient?

Are you on the Sept 1st sailing?

I was thinking the same thing. I've been looking at the weather there and it is still pretty warm for the extended forecast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunlover2 said:

Are you on the Sept 1st sailing?

I was thinking the same thing. I've been looking at the weather there and it is still pretty warm for the extended forecast.

We will be sailing in September also later in the month and we too are looking forward to the trip.

And also monitoring the weather.

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

The days can still be quite nice however, it can cool down quite a bit at night.  Not sure how late you are in port or if you'll be outside on the ship much. 

Would a lightweight "windbreaker" be enough, or something like a midweight jacket or hoodie be better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Would a lightweight "windbreaker" be enough, or something like a midweight jacket or hoodie be better?

If you have a sweater under a windbreaker should be enough.  

43 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Do you suggest wearing shorts or long pants?  So far it's looking like it will be in the low 70's during the day. 

Definitely bringing a jacket, sweatshirt, rain poncho and umbrella. Looks like there is a lot of rain during that time (beginning of Sept)  

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

What is the weather like around September 20's to beginning Oct.

Will be in Quebec for around 3 days till the ship leaves.

September is the beginning of "shorts and hoodie" weather in New England.  But the more north you go the sooner the shorts turn into long pants.  But then we could get a "New England Summer in September where it jumps into the 80s.  But nights do cool off quickly.  

Basically, it depends.  And it can change day to day.  You will need to pack both shorts and jeans, light shirt and sweatshirt, light jacket to rain coat.  I think pack like when going to Alaska.  Think layers that you can take off and add back.

As the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a few minutes".  Especially in the fall.

• Like 6