Message a member of Cruise Critic.

I have read a brilliant review by a member of Cruise Critic. I would like to reply/message the member to ask a few more questions. How do I do that please?

I have clicked on their name but there doesn't seem to be a link.

Many Thanks

36 minutes ago, Koala-Lou said:

I have read a brilliant review by a member of Cruise Critic. I would like to reply/message the member to ask a few more questions. How do I do that please?

Many Thanks

@Koala-Lou

Regarding the Cruise Critic message board Message feature, it is available for use by Administrators & Hosts ONLY. We can use it with each other and to members. If one of us contacts a member via the feature, the member cannot reply back to us. The Message feature is disabled for members and has been I think since the AOL days of over twenty-five years ago. I do know for sure it was that way when I joined Cruise Critic in 2005.

6 hours ago, Koala-Lou said:

Many Thanks

This is just a suggestion as to how you might contact them.  Notice in Host Kat’s reply, she highlighted your name by adding @ in front of it.  If you have notifications turned on, you would have got a message that you were mentioned, usually an email.  If perhaps you were to go to the forum here for the cruise line of that review, and start a thread addressed to that person, and in the message part highlight their username…if they have notifications turned on, they will see your thread/questions and answer.  EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

This is just a suggestion as to how you might contact them.  Notice in Host Kat’s reply, she highlighted your name by adding @ in front of it.  If you have notifications turned on, you would have got a message that you were mentioned, usually an email.  If perhaps you were to go to the forum here for the cruise line of that review, and start a thread addressed to that person, and in the message part highlight their username…if they have notifications turned on, they will see your thread/questions and answer.  EM

Just to add to @Essiesmom's comment. When you start typing the @ and the user name, you will get a drop-down box. You must select the name from that list, which is what turns it into the blue bubble that triggers a notification. Just typing @ and the name without selecting from the list doesn't do so.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Just to add to @Essiesmom's comment. When you start typing the @ and the user name, you will get a drop-down box. You must select the name from that list, which is what turns it into the blue bubble that triggers a notification. Just typing @ and the name without selecting from the list doesn't do so.

@Koala-Lou

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are replies on your Followed threads because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

And to add to @gnome12's comment, please note that after typing the ampersand and the member's user name in a post, a list should start forming of user names & their avatars (aka Profile Photo). When you see the user name & avatar you need, just click it on the list and the tag will then appear in your post. Some members have similar user names so please be sure you click the one with the correct avatar.

If the tagged member has Notifications turned on, they will receive a notification that you have tagged them in a post. If they chose notifications via email, an email is sent to their Cruise Critic email address of record. If they chose Notification List Only, they click the Notifications bell (upper right of the message board page and to the left of their user name over the small Search bubble) to get the clickable list for their notifications.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have mine set to Notification List Only. Takes a big load off of my mailbox! 😄

Hope this additional information will be helpful!

• Like 1

Hello all, I have just attempted to compose a message to the reviewer DyaGlyn, and the member name does not appear in the drop-down list. Actually I can only find one reviewer's name in the drop-down list. Am I right to assume that these members have changed their username or have left Cruise Critic?

Many thanks

Oddly, I have found some people apparently come here and post a review, and never post anywhere else.  It has been suggested that a member needs a certain measure of activity before the show up in the member list.  ‘Tis a puzzlement.  EM

• Like 1