Do Diamond member still receive 24 hours of free internet?

pauly

42 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It's not gone ... see post #18.

OK, I'm a little confused. The info in post 18 seemed to be outdated compared to the info in post 17.  I know I'm missing something.  

So, I just went to the RCI website and looked at the Crown & Anchor benefit list.   Internet is not mentioned.   Seems it is gone.   

Additionally, pre-covid the internet perk was xxx minutes throughout the cruise as opposed to the 24 hour period.   I liked the old perk so much better.   But I guess anything would be better than nothing.   

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

It has not gone. It’s an onboard benefit. 

Here is a screen shot taken from RCI's website literally less than 5 minutes ago.  No mention of internet.  What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 10.09.21 PM.png

33 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Here is a screen shot taken from RCI's website literally less than 5 minutes ago.  No mention of internet.  What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 10.09.21 PM.png

You're missing the fact that everyone is trying to tell you that it's an ON BOARD benefit, like 50% off a glass of wine, or 10% off a logo item in the shops.  It's not listed on the website, it's listed in the letter that you get in your room once you get ON BOARD the ship.

If you had looked at the linked discussion that @Another_Critic posted earlier in this thread, you would have seen the letters for each CAS level that list the various ON BOARD benefits.  

Also, X number of minutes of internet hasn't been a thing since way before COVID.  Once they stopped selling internet by the minute, they stopped offering free minutes of internet.  Everything is sold (and offered) in increments of 24 consecutive hours only.  

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You're missing the fact that everyone is trying to tell you that it's an ON BOARD benefit, like 50% off a glass of wine, or 10% off a logo item in the shops.  It's not listed on the website, it's listed in the letter that you get in your room once you get ON BOARD the ship.

If you had looked at the linked discussion that @Another_Critic posted earlier in this thread, you would have seen the letters for each CAS level that list the various ON BOARD benefits.  

Also, X number of minutes of internet hasn't been a thing since way before COVID.  Once they stopped selling internet by the minute, they stopped offering free minutes of internet.  Everything is sold (and offered) in increments of 24 consecutive hours only.  

Aw geez.   I was going a little nuts trying to understand.  I did look at @Another_Critic's  link you mention but misunderstood what I was seeing.   Crown & Anchor Onboard Benefit vs On board deal.  I now get it.  

Thanks everyone for your patience.  

Not sure when "way before covid" is.  Whenever that change happened, I sure liked the xxx minutes better.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Aw geez.   I was going a little nuts trying to understand.  I did look at @Another_Critic's  link you mention but misunderstood what I was seeing.   Crown & Anchor Onboard Benefit vs On board deal.  I now get it.  

Thanks everyone for your patience.  

Not sure when "way before covid" is.  Whenever that change happened, I sure liked the xxx minutes better.    

I could tell you weren't getting it... glad it finally "clicked"!

And yes, the X minutes was a much better deal for those who just needed to check emails every now and then throughout the cruise.  I really wish they'd make the free 24 (or 48 for D+) hours combinable with purchasing a Voom package pre-cruise.  It's pretty pointless for those of us who need 24/7 connectivity.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

I could tell you weren't getting it... glad it finally "clicked"!

And yes, the X minutes was a much better deal for those who just needed to check emails every now and then throughout the cruise.  I really wish they'd make the free 24 (or 48 for D+) hours combinable with purchasing a Voom package pre-cruise.  It's pretty pointless for those of us who need 24/7 connectivity.  

Ad I recall, we normally received 300 minutes for a 12 day.  It was enough to keep in touch with the kids, make sure the pooch is OK,  and make sure the house was still standing.   When I was working and needed constant connectivity, my employer footed the bill.  Remember the Blackberry!  haha.  

Anyway, we are back on RCI again later this year for what will be our third 2022 cruise.  Whatever the perk, we are happy things are happening again.   

And, thanks again.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

OK, I'm a little confused. The info in post 18 seemed to be outdated compared to the info in post 17.  I know I'm missing something.  

So, I just went to the RCI website and looked at the Crown & Anchor benefit list.   Internet is not mentioned.   Seems it is gone.   

Additionally, pre-covid the internet perk was xxx minutes throughout the cruise as opposed to the 24 hour period.   I liked the old perk so much better.   But I guess anything would be better than nothing.   

We watched a recent video from Royal Caribbean Blog, and they mentioned it was a perk for Diamond (and above).

• Thanks 1