Drop off at Southampton City Cruise terminal

Mocamps

I wonder if anyone on this forum is very familiar with the Southampton City cruise terminal? My query is about how close we can get in the car to drop my elderly (91 years young!!) father off? I have inadvertently booked our parking in the Triangle car park which is apparently close to the Ocean terminal - though they do provide us with a taxi service to the City terminal. I'm just wondering if it would be best for my husband to drop off Dad and I with the luggage and then park the car or if the taxi (which can take 4 people plus luggage) will actually be able to get us closer. My Dad has good mobility for his age, doesn't use a wheelchair or even a walking stick  so doesn't have a blue badge (and would be upset if I even suggested he needs any special assistance!) but I think he would struggle to walk a long distance with luggage.

For the Horizon terminal or any along that stretch you can drive right up to the front door of the terminal and get just as close as a taxi can. In fact the queue starts outside those doors where you will pull up so you can literally get out and immediately join the queue.
If you can change the parking, ABP parking is literally the other side of the road to the Horizon terminal so he could drop everyone and the luggage at the terminal park up and walk over the road to join you.

I depends which terminal but it's normally Horizon or one on that stretch for NCL.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

The Triangle car park is a little walk but it's really not that far if he has dropped the luggage off and the weather is OK.
I normally drop everyone off, park with a friend in Bugle street then walk to the terminal, it's not far and your parking is only a little more.

You can drop him right by the main entrance to City Cruise Terminal.

Unless things have changed post-Covid, the luggage drop is a short distance to the right of the main door.

Enter the port by Dock Gate 8 (Holiday Inn will be on your right) or by Dock Gate 10 and turn left at the roundabout just after the gate.

Same for a taxi

Yes, Triangle Car Park is more convenient for Ocean Terminal, it's a 15 min walk from City Cruise Terminal.

JB 🙂