Public Health requirements section of Arrivecan

Cowboy296

Went to finish filling out Arrivecan for our 8/31/22 10 day New York to Quebec City Princess cruise. Finished Trip details section but when I got to Public Health requirements I am confused. It asks" What is the full address of the location in Canada where you will be staying?" It has Returning home, Staying with friends, Hotel, or Other as options to select. then it asks for address info. I don't know what to put. The cruise gets to Quebec City 8-30-22 a day ahead of Disembarkation on 8-31-22 transfering to airport to fly back to home in the USA. Do I put the cruise terminal address? 

43 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

Went to finish filling out Arrivecan for our 8/31/22 10 day New York to Quebec City Princess cruise. Finished Trip details section but when I got to Public Health requirements I am confused. It asks" What is the full address of the location in Canada where you will be staying?" It has Returning home, Staying with friends, Hotel, or Other as options to select. then it asks for address info. I don't know what to put. The cruise gets to Quebec City 8-30-22 a day ahead of Disembarkation on 8-31-22 transfering to airport to fly back to home in the USA. Do I put the cruise terminal address? 

I would use OTHER and list the ship as the location you are staying.

Thanks Steelers36, I did a chat session with Princess and she said to use OTHER and put RUE Dalhousie, Quebec G1K 4B2 as the address. which is the cruise terminal address. 

Edited by Cowboy296

7 minutes ago, gerig said:

I am doing an Alaska cruise and arriving in Vancouver but staying one night so do I use the Vancouver port address or the hotel I am staying at for the night?

The hotel - whether this is a pre- or post-cruise hotel night, ArriveCAN for a land or flight or cruise arrival, the first address where you are staying after entering Canada is the address to choose (same deal for folks on e.g. a coach tour, there's only one address field so they put the address of their accommodation on their first night in Canada as they cannot list all the hotels).

1 minute ago, martincath said:

The hotel - whether this is a pre- or post-cruise hotel night, ArriveCAN for a land or flight or cruise arrival, the first address where you are staying after entering Canada is the address to choose (same deal for folks on e.g. a coach tour, there's only one address field so they put the address of their accommodation on their first night in Canada as they cannot list all the hotels).

So only if I was flying home the same day would put the port address?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, gerig said:

Thank you

I'm trying to figure this out now.  We are arriving in Vancouver but transporting to the airport same day to fly back to California.  If I choose the returning home option you are asked for an address, but also a Province and are only given the Canadian Provinces.  so I think I'm going to put in the cruise terminal address?

On 8/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, martincath said:

Nope - if you were returning home same day by any means of transportation you would use the 'Returning Home' option 😉

On 8/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, gerig said:

Thank you

43 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

I'm trying to figure this out now.  We are arriving in Vancouver but transporting to the airport same day to fly back to California.  If I choose the returning home option you are asked for an address, but also a Province and are only given the Canadian Provinces.  so I think I'm going to put in the cruise terminal address?

I disagree with the answer above.  The question refers to someone from the US arriving back in Vancouver port and then flying to USA.  The Returning Home option is for a Canadian returning to their home in Canada.

I'd put the Vancouver port or the YVR airport.  This really isn't a big deal as being made out to be.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I disagree with the answer above.  The question refers to someone from the US arriving back in Vancouver port and then flying to USA.  The Returning Home option is for a Canadian returning to their home in Canada.

I'd put the Vancouver port or the YVR airport.  This really isn't a big deal as being made out to be.

And you're right to disagree - I fluffed the answer to the previous poster, who was postulating the same as the newer one, and using the pier or airport is indeed the least innaccurate choice available on the App! So far 'return home' is the only option that has applied to all of our travel, which has been coming back from our US residence, so I think I was conflating 'home' to both ends of that journey!

• Like 1