An Encore encore! Live from the Encore August 28-September 4

YVRteacher

On 9/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, YVRteacher said:

The captain just announced that due to rough seas and strong head winds we will be late arriving in Victoria.

Wrt those evening Victoria stops, perhaps the saying would be "better never than late."

On 9/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, YVRteacher said:

Alexa is back! She hasn’t been playing this week but has a couple sets tonight in the Observation Lounge.

Fantastic.  I really hope to sail on a cruise with Alexa again in the future.  Easily one of my favorites. 😎

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, CactusRoot said:

Hi to YVRteacher, I enjoyed reading your experienced commentary as we can relate to much of it as we just sailed on Encore the week before - dates August 21-August 28.

We can identify with much of what you wrote. Just a few notes here.

We were attending the Choir of Man on the 25th. When Tom, the Bartender did that huge jump to the table, I wondered how sturdy the table was. He did not break his leg that night as he continued the show. And the next day we saw him in Ward Cove when he was with other cast members gathering at a table. He was fine then too. It must have been at a later show.

But just before that show started on 25th as people waited an emergency call came out over the system for Medical Emergency at The Speedway. It was repeated again later.

The next day when we arrived in Ward Cove, we were having coffee up in the Lounge after most tour's left, when we saw an ambulance come up to the ship and when it left it stopped and turned it's lights off before continuing. We decided to go out to the old whare-house and saw a lot of luggage being wheeled out to a few cars at the ships exit ramps. We figured it had to do with an accident at the Speedway. We didn't know any details. Later we took a walk up to see the Speedway while most people were off the ship. Not much happening. Maybe 4 cars were on the track. 

On a better note, Guns & Rojas were a big highlight, as well as what has been mentioned by the original narrator. The food in Le Bistro was fantastic. We did have the Beverage package but didn't understand how much I can have. But I think I do now for the next cruise on The Panama Canal on The Bliss.

Take Care all. Enjoy Life!

I was on the same cruise. We had the most amazing time and the weather couldn't have been any better!  The bartender from Choir of Man was injured during the final show. We saw him going into the elevator in a wheelchair.  We also heard the person at the racetrack sadly passed away.  It's so sad to hear that.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:32 PM, YVRteacher said:

He invited me to the singles gathering in Sugarcane today but I told him I hate people

I am reading your TR as I am looking at booking for next summer.  I cruise solo all the time, but not since the pandemic because I live in China where the borders are still closed.  But, this is how I feel when people invite me to things.   I say this all the time.  I hate people too! 

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 11:11 PM, swmichigan cruiser said:

Deepak might not be onboard in December. He sent me an email that he will be on vacation when we do the October 23 Panama Canal cruise. So not really sure when his vacation starts and ends. I was hoping to meet him on our cruise.

@swmichigan cruiser Hi, was wondering if you'd share Deepak's email address please? Need to bring something to his urgent attention. Tried deepakpunia@ncl but I think I have the wrong address. In case you're not comfortable sharing it here  which I'd totally understand, you could send it to me at palakbatra@gmail.com and I'd be most obliged. Thank you. 

25 minutes ago, Palakb said:

@swmichigan cruiser Hi, was wondering if you'd share Deepak's email address please? Need to bring something to his urgent attention. Tried deepakpunia@ncl but I think I have the wrong address. In case you're not comfortable sharing it here  which I'd totally understand, you could send it to me at palakbatra@gmail.com and I'd be most obliged. Thank you. 

Deepak is currently on vacation.

16 hours ago, Palakb said:

"Sir is a respectful form of address for a man or a term for a gentleman"

I'd hope you I addressed you right in that sense!! 

care to share the email? 

Yes, I have his personal and his professional email.  Choosing not to share it with you.

I am female, not male and do not like being callled sir.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for this thread.  I am booked for my first ever cruise SOLO to Alaska on the Encore this spring, and it was especially great to be able to read the dailys.  I'm a hardcore planner, and this is really super for me.  Thanks again.