Ha! Another ArriveCan question, re: Skagway to Yukon border

Mountaineer0313

I have my husband and I registered, passports are in, vaccination details, etc. So, I think that Arrivecan must be filled out up to 72 hours before you arrive in Canada? So we will be in Skagway on September 12th, so does that mean I have until the 9th to fill out the border crossing info? And what is the name if the border crossing from Skagway into Canada? Is it the Fraser one? That's what I concluded by googling it. And then, we arrive in Vancouver on the 16th, so by the 13th I need to fill that border crossing out? And Canada Place would be which border crossing? Vancouver Cruise Ship Operations?

Are you doing a one-way from Seward or Whittier to Vancouver?

If so, you will need to complete ArriveCAN showing Vancouver as your arrival by sea to be able to board the ship. Then on the 9th, you will complete a land border arrival for Fraser for your Skagway port day.

I would save screenshots of both of your QR code approvals to show, if needed. Most have reported that they never needed to actually show them after they boarded the ship.

14 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Are you doing a one-way from Seward or Whittier to Vancouver?

If so, you will need to complete ArriveCAN showing Vancouver as your arrival by sea to be able to board the ship. Then on the 9th, you will complete a land border arrival for Fraser for your Skagway port day.

I would save screenshots of both of your QR code approvals to show, if needed. Most have reported that they never needed to actually show them after they boarded the ship.

Seward to Vancouver. So We'll do the arrivecan for our Vancouver arrival while still on land before we board, and then can do the land arrival for Fraser just on the day we go?

3 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Seward to Vancouver. So We'll do the arrivecan for our Vancouver arrival while still on land before we board, and then can do the land arrival for Fraser just on the day we go?

You will do the arrival by sea to Vancouver prior to boarding in Seward. Then you will do the land arrival at Fraser anytime up to 3 days before you get to Skagway. 

It seems backwards, since you will be arriving in Skagway/Fraser before Vancouver, but they need the approval for you to board the ship. Hopefully next year, all of the Covid requirements, including ArriveCAN, will be gone.

3 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

You will do the arrival by sea to Vancouver prior to boarding in Seward. Then you will do the land arrival at Fraser anytime up to 3 days before you get to Skagway. 

It seems backwards, since you will be arriving in Skagway/Fraser before Vancouver, but they need the approval for you to board the ship. Hopefully next year, all of the Covid requirements, including ArriveCAN, will be gone.

Ok, so, I might just be confused, but "up to 3 days before you arrive in Skagway" sounds like I have up until 3 days prior to skagway to do it, which would be the 9th. But you're saying it can be done the day of?

1 minute ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Ok, so, I might just be confused, but "up to 3 days before you arrive in Skagway" sounds like I have up until 3 days prior to skagway to do it, which would be the 9th. But you're saying it can be done the day of?

I did mine three days prior to arrival. I would not necessarily wait until the last day.  

Oh, and just in case you were not aware you actually cross the border into BC, then drive across that Province for a while before reaching Yukon (which IIRC does have a signpost in case you want a photo, but no checkpoint to worry about!)

1 minute ago, martincath said:

Oh, and just in case you were not aware you actually cross the border into BC, then drive across that Province for a while before reaching Yukon (which IIRC does have a signpost in case you want a photo, but no checkpoint to worry about!)

Yep, we were there already lol. Have the sign pictures to prove it. But that was 65 lbs. ago, so going to definitely have to stop and get a retake.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Alaska cruise last week.

1) We filled out ArriveCAN, got the QR code, but the Canadian authorities did not check it. As mentioned above, our arrival information was tied to our passport and to the ship.

2) We took an excursion to BC and Yukon from Skagway. They did not ask for ArriveCAN, nor did we add the Fraser crossing to ArriveCAN. The Canadian border guard simply came onto the bus and checked our passports, as was the case prior to the pandemic.

I leave friday out of Seattle. Did the ArriveCan to be able to get on the ship with Victoria as the Canadian destination and got the QR code.  I also plan to rent a car in Skagway and do the drive to Emerald Lake. I cannot see a way to add another destination on ArriveCan app or to get a second QR code for Yukon/Fraser crossing.. Do I need one or is the one code I have good for both?

Thanks

2 hours ago, udamom said:

I leave friday out of Seattle. Did the ArriveCan to be able to get on the ship with Victoria as the Canadian destination and got the QR code.  I also plan to rent a car in Skagway and do the drive to Emerald Lake. I cannot see a way to add another destination on ArriveCan app or to get a second QR code for Yukon/Fraser crossing.. Do I need one or is the one code I have good for both?

Thanks

I was there last week. The one code for Victoria was all we needed. You do not need to enter an extra stop for Fraser.

Edited by johnintx
  • Like 2