Cruising from the USA- some help please :)

DOJO1

The Alaska cruise leaves from Vancouver, Carnival sails a ship from Vancouver or @least they did before the pandemic. End of the Alaskan season ship sails from Vancouver to Hawaii .

It was only done for repositioning, they used to call it Fire and Ice .

36 minutes ago, katsn1011 said:

The Alaska cruise leaves from Vancouver, Carnival sails a ship from Vancouver or @least they did before the pandemic. End of the Alaskan season ship sails from Vancouver to Hawaii .

It was only done for repositioning, they used to call it Fire and Ice .

This year, Carnival Spirit ends the Alaska season with a 16-day repositioning cruise from Seattle to Miami via the Panama Canal.  Next year it will end the Alaska season with a 16-day Seattle to New Orleans.  These cruises have several sea days.

After completing the Alaska season, Carnival Splendor is just now leaving on a 23-day Seattle to Sydney repositioning, but it is too late to get on this cruise.  Looks like it will be spending at least the next 2 years in Australia.

When we first started cruising, Carnival allowed the B2B last Alaska Cruise followed by a cruise to Hawaii "Fire and Ice" cruise.  It has since been deemed a violation of the PVSA, and Carnival will not allow this B2B booking.

1 minute ago, TomCruise48 said:

When we first started cruising, Carnival allowed the B2B last Alaska Cruise followed by a cruise to Hawaii "Fire and Ice" cruise.  It has since been deemed a violation of the PVSA, and Carnival will not allow this B2B booking.

Years ago I got away with a B2B on Spirit, the repositioning from Los Angeles to Vancouver at the beginning of the Alaska season then the first Alaskan 7-day from Vancouver to Seattle.  I booked it as a B2B on the same call with the same PVP and later realized it was a PVSA violation after flights and hotels were paid for. 

I was so nervous Carnival was going to figure out it was a violation and make me cancel one of the legs, but they never said anything.  I think now they've gotten better about preventing or at least finding these kind of bookings and/or realizing which B2Bs are violations.