Specialty Dining

GeriatricNurse

32 minutes ago, destar said:

You can book specialty dining as soon as you pay for them, just have to call direct.

Only if you're booking the cruise less than 120 days before sailing.

Haven and some higher tier Latitudes members can book 130 days pre-cruise.  Bookings open for everyone else at 120 days.

It is 120 days as standard.

Club Suites can book at 125 days, as can latitudes Platinum , Sapphire and Diamond.

Suites and latitudes Ambassador can book at 130 days.

No need to call anyone (unless you want to book the same restaurant more than once). It is easily done online.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, destar said:

You can book specialty dining as soon as you pay for them, just have to call direct.

That statement is wrong.  Reservations can be made per this schedule:

Suites and Haven

130 days prior to sailing

Club Balcony Staterooms

125 days prior to sailing

All other staterooms

• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are not a holiday sailing, 90 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are a holiday sailing, 120 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 7 days or more, 120 days prior to sailing

Reference: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/when-can-i-book-dining-entertainment

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, destar said:

Ahhhhhh.... no....

Bookings open per the schedule provided by PATRLR. They open at 12 midnight NCL time (i.e., Miami - Eastern Time). Prime time dining in popular restaurants will sell out fast. Or you can wait until you embark and make dining reservations after booking shows (large ships). 

20 hours ago, PATRLR said:

That statement is wrong.  Reservations can be made per this schedule:

Yup, forgot about the # of days prior to sailing date.

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Prime time dining in popular restaurants will sell out fast. Or you can wait until you embark and make dining reservations after booking shows (large ships). 

Waiting until embarkation will give you limited time slots. I like having dinner around 7pm, so if i want a specific venue at 7 pm, they might only have 9 or 9:30 pm slots available.

20 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

No need to call anyone (unless you want to book the same restaurant more than once). It is easily done online.

I tried booking online and on the app at 120 days out with negative results. Called the latitude member line, I was able to book 7 specialty restaurants no problem.

2 hours ago, destar said:

Waiting until embarkation will give you limited time slots. I like having dinner around 7pm, so if i want a specific venue at 7 pm, they might only have 9 or 9:30 pm slots available.

Apparently they hold back a whole lot of time slots for embarkation day, more than are even available for online booking.

Regardless, I always book as soon as it's opened up.

Edited by The Shrike
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, destar said:

This is incorrect.

But,,, you need to make this a priority upon embarkation. If you embark early and go to take care of reservations, you will have access to all days, all times. Like booking online, the later you make reservations, the less choice you have (unless you are in a suite or the Haven where the concierge will oversell a restaurant for you). 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, hallux said:

Only if you're booking the cruise less than 120 days before sailing.

Haven and some higher tier Latitudes members can book 130 days pre-cruise.  Bookings open for everyone else at 120 days.

Platinum latitude members can book 125 days out.