Disembark Time

Dreamer115

I notice on my boarding pass there is a disembark time of 8:30.  Is this the same for all and then we actually get a proper time for disembarkation when on the ship?  Trying to figure out what time I should tell my husband to pick us up at the port.

Typically, disembarkation in Vancouver spans 7:30 - 9:30 AM and you can choose your time.  Sounds like HAL just chose a time in the middle to put on your documents.

Normally, the 7:30 to 8:15 AM times are reserved for those who need to catch a flight and will transport all of their own luggage off the ship.  The balance of the passengers will be allowed to choose a time before 9:30 AM.  The time you choose also determines when your luggage is moved from the ship to the baggage terminal.

Clearing Customs in Vancouver is usually a breeze.  You can feel safe telling your husband to pick you up around 10:00 AM.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

Disembarking at the vast majority of ports HAL sails out of start around 7:15-7:30,and try very hard to be done by 9:30, to allow them to prepare for the next cruise.

When you can actually get off depends on the needs of you and the other pax for flights and other transport needs.

Never seen a disembark time on a boarding pass...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Disembarking at the vast majority of ports HAL sails out of start around 7:15-7:30,and try very hard to be done by 9:30, to allow them to prepare for the next cruise.

When you can actually get off depends on the needs of you and the other pax for flights and other transport needs.

Never seen a disembark time on a boarding pass...

This is my boarding pass (in part)  disembark time last line

Confirmed Dining: OPEN SEATING

Voyage No/Name: K267 / 7-DAY ALASKAN INSIDE PASSAGE

Embark Port/Pier: Vancouver, B.C., CA / CANADA PLACE PIER

Embark Date/Your Assigned Check-in Time/Group *: Saturday Sep 24 / To Be Assigned

Disembark Port/Pier: Vancouver, B.C., CA / CANADA PLACE PIER

Disembark Date/Time: Saturday Oct 01 / 8:30 AM 

3 hours ago, Dreamer115 said:

I notice on my boarding pass there is a disembark time of 8:30.  Is this the same for all and then we actually get a proper time for disembarkation when on the ship? 

Yes you will get your actual time onboard - a couple days before disembarking. Those who can handle all their luggage will be allowed to disembark as soon as the ship is cleared. Those who can't handle all their luggage will choose when they disembark by selecting luggage tags for a designated time period. Even then there can be a delay if clearing the ship takes longer than normal.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Yes you will get your actual time onboard - a couple days before disembarking. Those who can handle all their luggage will be allowed to disembark as soon as the ship is cleared. Those who can't handle all their luggage will choose when they disembark by selecting luggage tags for a designated time period. Even then there can be a delay if clearing the ship takes longer than normal.

If you want to handle all your luggage do you have to leave early or can you go at a later time.  We are not in a hurry to get off as we live just outside of Vancouver and are being picked up.  I am not a fan of leaving my luggage outside the door at night and was wanting to handle it ourselves.  Never having been on a HAL ship I am not sure of their procedures.  You actually pick your time, that's different always had it picked for me and come back to the room to having luggage tags of the bed.

34 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

If you want to handle all your luggage do you have to leave early or can you go at a later time.  We are not in a hurry to get off as we live just outside of Vancouver and are being picked up.  I am not a fan of leaving my luggage outside the door at night and was wanting to handle it ourselves.  Never having been on a HAL ship I am not sure of their procedures.  You actually pick your time, that's different always had it picked for me and come back to the room to having luggage tags of the bed.

Yes, you can self-disembark later if you wish. Since the restart, we've been on 3 cruises and each time chose the time to disembark.

• Thanks 1