Just off the Equinox, been on her three times in the past six months…Have questions, ask away!

NutsAboutGolf

On 9/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, Tealing said:

They did a Broadway musical show but it was mainly the more contemporary shows they highlighted which didn’t sit well with some members of the audience.

I'm curious about this statement....

What about it did not sit well with some audience members--and which audience members?

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I'm curious about this statement....

What about it did not sit well with some audience members--and which audience members?

Ditto, to be clear even X calls them a "Broadway STYLE" show which I guess is accurate, not sure if the person you quoted thought it would be a branded broadyway show (Cats, Momma Mia, etc) like RCL offers.  There was a burlesque show but it wasn't even PG-13, anyone is welcome to leave if they don't like it.

We have been on Equinox twice.....one year apart and both sailings had the exact same shows! We will be sailing on her in 2023 and hope, HOPE we can see something new. While I do like singing and dancing, I can only do it so many times and hope that the nightly entertainment is varied. If I want to hear someone singing, I can go to a bar or small venue. When I go to the "theater" I expect a "show". Sorry if that comes across strong or harsh, but it is what it is!

11 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

We have been on Equinox twice.....one year apart and both sailings had the exact same shows! We will be sailing on her in 2023 and hope, HOPE we can see something new. While I do like singing and dancing, I can only do it so many times and hope that the nightly entertainment is varied. If I want to hear someone singing, I can go to a bar or small venue. When I go to the "theater" I expect a "show". Sorry if that comes across strong or harsh, but it is what it is!

And right now it seems to be the same shows on multiple ships.  I have no desire to see "Broken Strings" or "Topper" ever again

On 9/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, Tealing said:

The cruise director is Pete Baker who I thought, did a great job. The Activities Director was Mark, I didn’t catch his last name. I’ve forgotten the Captain’s name.

I believe Mark was there last year when we were on Equinox. I would do a guided meditation in the mornings on the lawn outside the hot glass blowing. He would also do the pub trivia most times at 9 PM which was lots of fun and also different trivia during the day in the sky lounge. I am sure it’s the same guy and hopefully he will do the morning meditations again.