Booking caribbean cruise from Ireland price difference

mcgrate

Hi cruisers!

I'm irish and looking to book a Caribbean cruise from miami.  When I look online, irish websites don't allow me to book. .Co.uk and .com websites tell me I need a UK or postcode.  When I phone the crossings I get quoted MUCH higher than is showing online.  

Do you kmow if I can book on a .Co.uk website with a friend's address but travel on irish passport?  Or does your address on booking need to match your residency/passport?

Might help with a note accurate if you tell which cruise line. 
In Europe prices normally does include all fee and tax. Gratitude included in the EU price while not included in the US price- if booking any US price gratitude will be added once in board - at the end prices will be very similar. Again might differ for various cruise lines - I have most experience with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

@VMax1700 do you book from IE?  If so any good recommendations for Travel agents?  I've been 'cruising' online and finding it very hard to get prices for IE residents.  Most sites are US or UK only.

Tried Trailfinders but they only book RCL and mad money.  

I'm looking at a Msc or carnival for a family balcony caribbean in Feb.  But hitting brick walls all over the place.

Any tips?

PS thanks @crystalspin

4 hours ago, mcgrate said:

@VMax1700 do you book from IE?  If so any good recommendations for Travel agents?  I've been 'cruising' online and finding it very hard to get prices for IE residents.  Most sites are US or UK only.

Tried Trailfinders but they only book RCL and mad money.  

I'm looking at a Msc or carnival for a family balcony caribbean in Feb.  But hitting brick walls all over the place.

Any tips?

PS thanks @crystalspin

Hi!

I book online, but only with Holland America.

My first ever cruise was on Celebrity and I booked that one with a Dublin travel agent.  Since then I have found that Irish Travel Agents charge over and above the official price (what else would you expect?).

I did book one online with a UK agency (one of eight, with cruise at the end of the name) and received a small discount. Also the Euro/STG exchange rate was at a great level.

For my HAL cruises I have found that booking directly with HAL UK in euros was just as good as using US websites and having to deal with exchange rate fluctuations and lack of regulation.