Shore excursion refund onboard ship

PartyLikeIts1990

It is added to your account and is refundable. Have had a number of cancelled excursions, although I didn't cancel them.

Because of their insane accounting system, if you had the $50 credit, they will refund the full amount of the excursion, less any latitudes discount. And then charge back the $50 credit.

You will need to collect any remaining credit before you disembark, they will not add it back to your cc.

6 minutes ago, MarinCutler said:

Is it common for NCL to cancel excursions? Just had this happen for a cruise coming up in October...

Vendors are having staffing issues in some cases so some excursions aren't profitable and get cancelled. Plus the usual weather considerations.

54 minutes ago, MarinCutler said:

Is it common for NCL to cancel excursions? Just had this happen for a cruise coming up in October...

NCL does not operate any excursions. All excursions are contracted to local tour companies.

Many of those local tour companies are having staffing shortages and other COVID-related issues. So, cancellations are not uncommon right now. Hopefully things will settle down over time. 

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

You will need to collect any remaining credit before you disembark, they will not add it back to your cc.

how do i collect it? do they mail a check to my address like what other cruises line or do i need to go guest services to cash out my account. that seem annoying

34 minutes ago, PartyLikeIts1990 said:

how do i collect it? do they mail a check to my address like what other cruises line or do i need to go guest services to cash out my account. that seem annoying

I had to cash out at guest services, they keep calling until you do.  I've been told they won't let you disembark if your account is flagged but no personal experience.

• Like 1

They give you cash. I advise you get it asap too as the line in the last day is ridiculous as people try to sort their accounts.

I was on an Alaskan cruise and the cash was in US dollars, which I expected. Interestingly I wonder what currency they refund you if you're in Europe?

Also, in the age of electronic transfer we live in it seems totally archaic that they give you cash Ns don't just do it electronically back to your credit card