Water being deliver to room

Kudos2Fly

On 9/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, Alakegirl said:

No, they are chillers, not real refrigerators 

One one cruise last year, they were space heaters. We even had them replace the refigerator - twice - and the only served to heat up the drinks. We had to resort to multiple daily large buckets of ice.

9 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Then come to Vancouver. The gas is much more expensive than water here!

LOL, that is because Canadians just love taxes :).   That being said, we enjoy visiting BC.  In fact, we are planning a driving trip from Vancouver to Calgary for next year.  That gives me enough time to save my pennies (we still have them in the USA) to pay for gas :).

Hank

2 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

As you can see they now offer 12 one litre bottles of warm water in your cabin for a fee.

Yes.  On the other hand, this is precisely what the OP was asking for over a year ago (and it wasn't available then).  

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

Yes.  On the other hand, this is precisely what the OP was asking for over a year ago (and it wasn't available then).  

Correct, I ordered for my upcoming cruise in March.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:31 AM, Hlitner said:

LOL, that is because Canadians just love taxes :).   That being said, we enjoy visiting BC.  In fact, we are planning a driving trip from Vancouver to Calgary for next year.  That gives me enough time to save my pennies (we still have them in the USA) to pay for gas :).

Hank

LOL🤪I do not think that us Canucks love our taxes.  As you have noted, we do not have pennies in our currency anymore it is incorporated in our taxes.  Always!🤣

As an aside, on your drive from Vancouver to Calgary, you will probably have to schedule your visit to Lake Louise as they are limiting the parking spots and tourist numbers.  If you are looking to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise(stunning Fairmont style castle) you will have access to the hikes around the lake and the teahouse.  If you are planning on a smaller more intimate stay in Lake Louise, I would most certainly recommend THE POST HOTEL (Boutique, European feel.))  Their dining room cannot be beat.  And as always, the grande dame of mountain castle hotels, the Fairmont Banff Springs.  You will be appreciative of the US $ having an advantage for vacations in Canada.  (I know, because we have another home in MT, and we cringe at the exchange rate!🤑

46 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

LOL🤪I do not think that us Canucks love our taxes.  As you have noted, we do not have pennies in our currency anymore it is incorporated in our taxes.  Always!🤣

As an aside, on your drive from Vancouver to Calgary, you will probably have to schedule your visit to Lake Louise as they are limiting the parking spots and tourist numbers.  If you are looking to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise(stunning Fairmont style castle) you will have access to the hikes around the lake and the teahouse.  If you are planning on a smaller more intimate stay in Lake Louise, I would most certainly recommend THE POST HOTEL (Boutique, European feel.))  Their dining room cannot be beat.  And as always, the grande dame of mountain castle hotels, the Fairmont Banff Springs.  You will be appreciative of the US $ having an advantage for vacations in Canada.  (I know, because we have another home in MT, and we cringe at the exchange rate!🤑

Thank you, truly, for the tips/advice.  We have just started to think this through as we have a Seabourn cruise, in the Spring of 2025 from Japan over to Vancouver.  DW immediately mentioned that it might be a nice time of the year to do some driving in Western Canada (we often go to Ontario).  Our current thinking is to do a one-way car rental from Vancouver to Calgary (from where we can fly home).  That is a part of Canada we have never experienced, and Lake Lousie will certainly be on our agenda.

Hank

• Like 1