Credit Card OBC

Shaden1982

I redeemed points on my BOA credit card for OBC - does anyone know how long it takes to show up in my account?  

Does it show up online so I can purchase pre-cruise packages or will it show up on my onboard account once we are on board?  

I redeemed the points about 3 weeks ago and I don't see it in my account online.  

Thanks! 

I would have said, don't worry it will be there, but on my most recent cruise, it was never there.

So, if it does not appear soon, make sure that you have your documentation with you. (It might show up as OBC on your stateroom account). Check your stateroom account early in your cruise. If it is not there, go to Guest services and they should write down your confirmation, call the credit card company to verify and get back to you.

But that will not help you if you want to use the credit before the cruise. If that is what you want to do, I would call the credit card company  nowand ask.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Shaden1982 said:

I redeemed the points about 3 weeks ago and I don't see it in my account online. 

You'll need to call to get the credit---800 760-0654 opt 3.  The connection between BoA redemption and Celebrity does not work.

Edited by jwlane
  • Thanks 1

I purchased OBC last week and the rep failed to tell me that 'on-board' meant ONLY once you board. 

When I called back to find out why it wasn't showing I was informed the only OBC you can access ahead of time is their promotional OBC amounts.  They sent me a receipt so I would have it to take with me but they said it's not available for pre-booking....which defeated the whole purpose of what I was attempting to do.  They assured me it would be there Saturday when we board.

• Thanks 1

You had better call.  I applied credit card points in late June and they were not there when my TA checked yesterday.  Luckily, I had kept a copy of the transaction.  And I've redeemed for OBC in the past and it appears before you board, or at least it has in the past.  Definitely take your paperwork but also try to suffer through being on hold to try to get them by phone before you leave.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chimchimtx said:

I purchased OBC last week and the rep failed to tell me that 'on-board' meant ONLY once you board. 

When I called back to find out why it wasn't showing I was informed the only OBC you can access ahead of time is their promotional OBC amounts.  They sent me a receipt so I would have it to take with me but they said it's not available for pre-booking....which defeated the whole purpose of what I was attempting to do.  They assured me it would be there Saturday when we board.

That’s not my experience.  I redeem the OBC from credit card.  I call Celebrity number given above and they either ask for your CRedit card number or the transaction number.  It is in my Celebrity account within 10 minutes and added to my OBC which I can use before I board.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I had searched for this a few weeks ago and found a much older thread. Just found this current one, called the number, had about a 2 minute hold, spoke with Jordan and had 3 separate redemptions applied! even one that I had done 20 minutes prior! She said it would take 24 hours to show up in account, but it's been about an hour and it's already there!

• Like 1